Help

Forum >> Help >> Where to draft from   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just wondering if people have found a significant difference in type of prospects based on the league you draft from. I'm looking for pitchers but don't know if it makes a difference. Or do you just choose all players?
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't believe there is much difference between college, high school and latin America. It mostly just depends on the age you are looking for. I have almost no experience with the international and Asian pools so I cannot say there.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
If you are new and your team was owned by a bot, i'd draft from college because players are ready for majors in 2-3 years.

When you have a young core, start drafting from latin and high school.

I found that latin is more risk more reward, because in my opinion there are more high potential players, but age could be a concern (if players are 16-18 ok, 19-21 yo guys could never reach potential).

International and Asian i don't know very much
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
High school is good when you have a well developed team.

College is good when you're new to the game.

Latin is really good because they have lots of high potential players. Like Favuz said, some might not reach their potential.

Asian is the same thing, but with less high potential players. If they're older, then they might not reach their potential.

International, I don't have much experience with, but there are some decent players. Most player that are drafted from there are not worth keeping.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I pick at least half my picks from the Asian pool. Not just because I am Asian but really because it's worked out the best for me so far. I've gotten a lot of 13s and even a 15 once from there. Sometimes I try Latin America later in the season once the Asian pool seems too small to likely have good picks (Latin America is a far larger pool).

That does mean people picking from Latin America early will probably grab the good guys first... but oh well... I got a 15 and a couple 14s from there.

Once I feel like I have enough 22+ players on the verge of being ML-ready, I start grabbing high schoolers to be the next wave of prospects.

I did "all" once and really regretted it. All 5 players were garbage.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Initially, all the pools are stocked with the same level of talent (although ages might be different). So at the beginning of the draft (now), picking from one pool or another doesn’t really change your odds significantly of getting the next phenom. Should probably just pick whatever pool fits your needs & interests.

As the season and draft goes on, some pools may become more depleted than others. At this point, it might be better to select from the less popular pools.

In general, I would think college players can be moved in and up quickest, so especially if you’re a new team, that’s probably your best bet. However, if everyone is doing this…then it wouldn’t be.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |