Help

Forum >> Help >> Team Review Request - Euclid Panthers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
bsmall84

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just finished my 1st full season in BrokenBat. Was hoping for a analysis of my team currently, before the season flip and FA opens on Monday?

Thx
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi bsmall - here's my verdicts on your guys, at first glance you've come a long way!

Majors - hitters:

Long - good defense first C, had a big offensive season but expect that to drop off - dial back his SB's, running into far too many outs

Rivas - provided you keep him in 1B/DH he has a heck of an offensive power house for you

Cordero - probably best as a platoon - unfortunately he looks like he won't max out, his numbers probably want to improve a bit

Fingers - give him all the playing time you can - profiles as a 3B/RF but probably a longterm upgrade over Cordero at 1B

Ueno - solid defensive infielder - arm probably puts him at SS over 2B, but either or works - another who won't max out but he'll play for a few more years as he is

Floyd - be nice if he has a positive hitting comment, otherwise very solid 3B, range is too low for 2B. another who needs plenty of playing time

Zapata - performing well but won't max so might struggle if you promote - perhaps use him to back up Floyd?

Viciedo - his hitting concerns me but otherwise will perform well - creating a log jam at 3B, could be thrown in RF?

Miyamoto - arm is weak for RF, might play in LF but I think you can probably find an easy upgrade here

Sparks - good defense is enough to keep him around

Vazquez - ok as a bench bat - no defensive value

Aguilera - very weak arm but I'd play him in LF to keep him bat in the line up

Ricci - not performing offensively, range is too low for my liking in the OF - plenty of upgrades out there

Pagan - another 1B/DH guy - bit of a log jam there, might be best as a bench bat or perhaps a back up C?

The only real miss is a high range/good arm OF to handle CF - Send Miyamoto packing and see what you can get on waivers

Pitching:

Hodges - doesn't have any plus pitches, innings eater LR/5th starter at best, great control though

Guerra - aging 10pot player whose getting expensive - shouldn't be too hard to find an upgrade there

Blevins - high fielding and is never going to max out, another who I'd look to upgrade

Freeman - I like him for an 11pot, set up kinda guy in my books

Consuegra - he's ok, fielding is a bit high, and will struggle to max, but a keeper otherwise

Grove - Ok back of the rotation starter or LR guy

Price - as far as 10pot guys go he's not bad, I think you can probably go better in free agency though - LHS for now

Deng - let him start as often as possible and see what happens, he might be a very good late bloomer

Soto - another who needs to start regularly, he'll be good for 4-5 seasons if you let him gain heaps of SI in 2024

Trevino - fits the profile of Deng and Soto but further developed, hopefully he can gain a few more SI too

Turner - lack of control guys scare me - see if you can move on from him

Jones - 11pot drags him down again - do a search on Pitchers 25-27 with 12 pot, ideally with low fielding and anyone above 70SI will fill out a few spots in your pitching line up - someone like one of my old guys: Murakami - if you started him as often as possible he might get to near 90 SI this season and close to maxing by the end of next

Minors:

Hitting:

Smith - ideally his arm would be a touch better, but he's developing well - see how he goes

Staley - if you're looking for a defense first RF this is your guy, I dont think he'll ever do much offensively

Ramos - polar opposite of Staley - only really fits as a DH, or a poor LF, but will put up good numbers

Avalos - I moved on from him as he was under developed - your call on what you do with him!

Quinn - a bit more range would be nice, but very good RF prospect

Carlson - corner OF/1B, like him a lot

Lovett - another name I thought I recognised! 1B/LF, his current hitting of 1 concerns me, but should develop further, appears to use his sped, bonus

Mayer - a lesser version or Carlson, but worth bringing him through the system

Brambilla - should be a core future 2B with his lefty bat

Craig - 2B/LF guy, should go far

Pitching:

Hinojosa - bring him up and see what happens - watch his K:BB closely

West - same class as Hinojosa but that 5 control scares me

McDonald - see above

Montanez - hopefully he gets 8-12 Si this season, and will contribute nicely next season - only comment is that the fielding is a bit high again

Ma - bring him up, needs all the innings you can afford to give him but not as a starter, if he can get 15 SI each over the next two seasons he will be a core reliever for you for some time to come

Grasso - high fielding stats but let him develop, he is a bit behind currently

Brewer - similar to Grasso but a bit better - more likely to stick as an MR for your club

Maldonado - really like him, keep him in the class recommended for him and he'll be a very solid No.3 starter for you in the not too distant future

Harris - well developed, currently his K:BB is good, he's better than the other low control guys you have

English - he's ok, slightly under developed

Villegas - will come along nicely, I generally aim for a maximum of 25 points between range and arm

You've bought the team along nicely, and left enough that you'll have some good fun with waiver claims over the next few days, if you can get a good CF and at least 2 more pitchers you should have some good results this season

Previous Page | Show All |