Help

Forum >> Help >> Who to keep?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a minor leager named Richards who I think is ready to compete at the major league level, but he has room to grow. Murikami looks like he is almost maxed out already. I have him as a reserve infielder, but his age is the same as Richards'. I could use some help on who to keep. Any other thoughts on my team would be appreciated. My pitching staff is horrible and I intend to spend some money on free agents until I can draft and develop some good starters since I consider my ace to be a good #3 starter.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Honestly? I wouldn't keep either.

Murakami will never be useful. He's a 1B with what little SI he has to gain wasted in range. You could retrain him to be a OF, but his offensive contributions will be minimal.

Richards will be borderline at best. Like Murakami, he's only an 11pot, so his ceiling is low. He will lose a lot of SI on fielding which may making him a respectable middle infielder if his range goes up as well... and he at least has a good hitting projection which means he won't hurt you as much as Murakami would. Still in the long term, I wouldn't consider this more than a backup utility guy once he's finished developing. You can find better starters in FA.

I guess if you had to keep one, I would go with Richards.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
By the way, the only player I have at his listed position is Clayton who is my long-term cf. I am trying to retrain everyone else at a better position for his skill set.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
BTW, Speed, Range and Arm never go up, so don't look for them to change from where they are at.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Richards has a decent offensive build, but his defensive side is a little messy. His range is too low to play in the middle. His Fielding would be a waste in the OF (especially given he doesn't have much SI to work with), his Arm isn't really good enough for 3B or C. That leaves 1B. You should be able to find a guy with even better hitting prospects for 1B.

EDIT: In reality his best position is probably 3B rather than 1B, but his arm is low for 3B.

Updated Friday, August 21 2015 @ 4:01:52 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Clayton should be a very good LF or RF. I'd be cautious about bringing him up to early and stunting his growth.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Clayton and Fischer both have an eta of 2023 so I brought them both up from time to time for about a third of the season, but it still says 2023. I know that it is just an estimate, but I have seen other prospects move up or down in eta depending on what I have done with them. I want to build a long-term team to reach as high as possible by reading the forums and examining the rosters of higher league teams, but I also want to compete at the bottom right now. I realize now that I need to be patient with my high potential prospects.

Updated Friday, August 21 2015 @ 8:43:33 pm PDT
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
After another look, Clayton was up for the majority of the season, but he got playing time being one of my highest si players on my roster.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The prospect ranking ETA is less accurate than the Reassign players recommended level. I would try to follow the latter to the T until you become familiar enough with how players grow to be able to make your own calls against that. After a few seasons, you'll likely get a feel for when it's not really too early.

Previous Page | Show All |