Help

Forum >> Help >> Free Agency   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
toddcates

Baytown Bombers
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Can you place claims on more than one player at a time?
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, you can.
toddcates

Baytown Bombers
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
I've heard the phrase "Season Flip" used often. What day exactly is the "Season Flip"? Is it the day after the playoffs or first day of Spring Training, or what?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Usually a few days after the play offs.

Spring training happens after the season flip. Basically the flip is going from the 2023 season to the 2024 season, and spring training happens at the beginning of the season.

Updated Monday, August 17 2015 @ 10:34:11 pm PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Check the "Event" tab every few days. It's not always 100% accurate when it comes to the season flip, but it can work as a rough guide to see when things will start kicking off for next season.
toddcates

Baytown Bombers
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Why can't the season flip be 100% accurate. It doesn't make sense. Why can't the season flip to the 2024 offseason the day after the playoffs have finished? I'm confused.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Broken Bat is a complicated game. The list of events on the "Events" page all take time to process and (I'm guessing here) don't process at a known rate.

Stats have to be processed, old stats deleted, several pools of new players numbering in the thousands have to be generated, awards need to be processed and teams need to be promoted/demoted. All of this takes time. The turnaround here is much shorter than it could be. Sometimes as short a couple days.
toddcates

Baytown Bombers
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Understood. Thanks for the explanation. Love this game, but this is my first season flip.

When will Spring Training start?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm guessing Spring Training will start mid-week or so. Iirc, the World Classic starts first. Check your team's schedule this time tomorrow. I think the Spring Training schedule is set to process sometime between here and there.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Before you turn your attention to Spring Training, you should be going over the free agents and putting claims on guys that you like. This is the most competitive period of free agency. One lucky claim and your team could go from struggling to promoting. Particularly in the lower league levels.

Previous Page | Show All |