Help

Forum >> Help >> very cold form   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
my job requires (unfortunately) that i use twitter, mobile apps, and what have you to promote sales. Companies these days, what ever happened to the phone sales in person!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Bummer. I pity you (another unhip old guy).
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@FurySK That sounds terrible... but that's coming from someone who has never had a twitter and still uses a sidekick as their cellphone.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@Fury, I had thought that they still have phone sales. Coming from someone young and hip, that might sound weird.

Now to get back on topic, I usually like to adjust hooks and pitch counts or relegate their roles for a while. Or if you want something better, put the poor relievers on a watch list and cut them when think it's enough.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Pig_Cola: "Now to get back on topic, I usually like to adjust hooks and pitch counts or relegate their roles for a while. Or if you want something better, put the poor relievers on a watch list and cut them when think it's enough."

Yeah maybe successful contribution from one pitcher will boost him for the next games.. Maybe same applies to Batters also?
So if u "ask too much" from player, they play bad, the form drops.

I had so few pitchers in my roster so couldnt really get rid of the worst ones...
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
While there are lots of things you can try to do to get guys out of a funk, I highly suspect none of these things actually matter to the sim engine. I also twiddle with the team, but I think praying to the baseball gods or some luck deity is actually probably the most effective action to take. And of course I believe that also has 0 impact in reality.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What do real teams do? If he has a high dollar contract, they probably just keep playing him (unless they can trade him). There isn't a lot to do about slumps.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
True. But in real life even superstitious stuff can have a positive impact on psyche, which in turn can help end a slump.

I'm not sure the game AI is sophisticated enough to model player psyche. Steve can correct me if I'm wrong.

So in real life, team actually do sit the guy or send him down or fiddle with your batting order.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well they do fiddle with stuff and shuffle lineups to minimal effect... but they won't really sit players that make too much money (aside from a day or two to rest) because of pressure to make him play for his pay.

What owner wants to hear they spent $20M a year on a benchwarmer?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You obviously don't follow the red sox :)

Updated Wednesday, August 19 2015 @ 6:14:02 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |