Help

Forum >> Help >> SI Ranges   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there like a list of the ranges for each bar of SI? Like what range of SI ratings fall within 12 notches versus 13, etc...

I kinda wanna get an idea of the min/max SI a player might reach if they're 12, 13, or 14 pot.

With my second full season here ending, I figure this is probably something I should finally start looking more closely at so I can actually build a real team instead of a bunch of random rejects xp

I know my team really needs an evaluation but I figure I'll do some research of my own before asking what I'm doing wrong.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

10 POT = 80 - 87
11 POT = 88 - 95
12 POT = 96 - 103
13 POT = 104 - 111
14 POT = 112 - 119
15 POT = 120 - 127

Basically its (POT x 8) -> ((POT +1) x 8)
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks! That'll be pretty easy to remember.

Now I just need to figure out how SI is calculated :p

It's obviously not just adding everything up. I heard Defense had half weight, but not yet sure how the other attributes are weighed against it.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually it is just adding everything up. The only caveat is that for Pitchers (only) the defensive set (Fielding, Range, Arm) are counted at 1/2 point a piece. For hitters it is simply adding everything up.

BTW, this is where I think we see variation between Scouting reports and POT. You will sometimes see a guy with lower POT who has a very good scouting report. I *believe* this is because the scouts weight skills a little differently based on the players position. So I *believe* that the scout report is often a better indicator than purely POT.

Updated Saturday, August 15 2015 @ 11:51:52 am PDT
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
But that doesn't actually add up...

this guy is showing as 71 SI. Pitching adds up to 44. Defense adds up to 33. Half 33 is 16.5 so let's say 17... 17+44 = 61, nowhere near 71. In fact a straight add-up is closer in that it's 77.

See why I'm confused here?
mytton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually for pitchers it appears to be 1.25 x pitching skills + 0.5 x fielding skills. So in the example (44 x 1.25) + (33 /2) = 71
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So then at 13 POT, his SI can get between 104 and 111... let's just go somewhere in the middle and guess 108 for example.

Assuming some additional growth in defense, let's say about 20 points end up getting tied up in that, leaving us with 88 points for pitching abilities (or about 70 if you're looking at the the sum of attributes without multipliers).

Based on scouting, all I can figure is up to 17 points can be eaten by stamina... the lack of scouting might make for something like 11 velocity, 10 movement, and 16 control... leaving another 16 for change of speed.

Are those reasonable guesses or am I doing this wrong?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL, I guess I never pay attention to my pitchers :)

Yeah, you're doing it right.

I'd guess one less point in fielding and stamina. Probably more like 11 movement. And he could hit the max 12 velocity. But its definitely just guesswork within those ranges you have to work with.

Updated Saturday, August 15 2015 @ 5:45:26 pm PDT
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm putting focus in pitchers first because that's my biggest problem right now. I don't have many major-league ready pitchers but filled my hitters to capacity.

Also all my decent pitchers are getting old, so I'm trying to see if I have any prospects that are going to fill the gaps.

I also realized I have two 11 POT pitchers that I need to evaluate somewhat before pulling the trigger on giving them the ax. Most likely they should be first cut, but if I'm lucky, one might have the potential to make it as a specialty reliever or something, so I wanna map out what they might grow into before cutting.

I have a ton of cuts to make though. My farm is cluttered with people who won't help me in the long term, especially if I go to IV in a couple seasons.

Previous Page | Show All |