Help

Forum >> Help >> stop training?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Do players still advance through training when it says he may have learned all that he can at this level?

Ive got a couple younger guys in AAA that say that which I dont really want tostatt yet, but will they still advance towards their potential or do I have to move them up?
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This seems like an easy question but its not in the manual that I can find. Will my 23 yo pitcher keep training in AAA even though he has "has learned all that he can learn at this level"?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
He will still receive some training in AAA, but basically their development will stall. At that point, he's probably close to fully trained, what he really needs is major league experience.

So promotion and playing time is the fastest path for his development. Of course, you may not have room at the big club or you may have another guy already playing his position. So its up to you to determine what course of action is best.

Steve
nelson_dog

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
On a similar thing - when you get the message "seems a bit overmatched at this level", is that actively damaging the player's potential training?

I have a player who seems old enought and good enough for AAA, but the recommendation is to keep him in AA. He seems pretty close to his potential, and would ike to play him in the majors maybe next season.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Each player has a training level and depending upon how advanced he is, he has a optimal/recommended league assignment (which changes as he receives more training). Not having him in the recommended league assignment means he wouldn’t train as fast.

Obviously, there are limits to the number of players you can have on the major league club, but for the minors, you should do your best to keep players in the most appropriate league assignment.

You can call up a player who should be playing in the minors (recommended AAA or below). He will not train as quickly in the big leagues, but will get major league experience. So it’s sort of a trade off.

Steve
nelson_dog

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks... One more question - do they have to actually play matches to get training when in the majors, or is it enough to be a squad player?

I have a 22 year old pitcher who can't learn any more in AAA but isn't good enough to pitch in the majors. He's still quite a long way from his potential too, so I don't know how best to train him.

admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
A player sitting on the major league roster will get some training & experience, but not as much as if he played in games.

Steve
nelson_dog

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok, thanks - looks like I'll have to spend a few seasons watching his pitches disappear out of the park while he improves...
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
In general, newer pitchers will spend some time in the bullpen in “less critical” roles before stepping into a full time starter or closer role. If a pitcher is getting shelled for two whole seasons, maybe he’s just not that good.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |