Help

Forum >> Help >> Should I bring him up   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Razzle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/98240

I disagree with cqk. I have an all-star SS on my team right now and I am in the hunt for promotion. Todd Swanson has been in AAA for me for the last couple of training updates and has had the "learned all he can" message. I have left him there waiting for him to pop from ss to SS.

I'm not saying that what I am doing is better, but he definitely has gained SI while in AAA even with the "learned all he can" message.
Razzle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just to be clear, I am just saying you can still gain SI in the minors. Don't want cqk to be upset with me....haha
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not upset, that's actually news to me. I just assumed that message meant they wouldn't get any more. My mistake!
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Razzle may have found an outlier, because I'm pretty sure most of the forum veterans would have said exactly what cqk did. What can be said though is that after getting the may have learned all he can message, the player will not gain much more SI at any appreciable rate.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
There was a period a few seasons back where we were able to see seasonal SI on all players. I took that opportunity to cruise bot team minors systems and look at how over-aged players progress.

While there was some deviation, I found the majority of players were still adding 3-4 SI per season as 25 & 26 year olds.

I also have an example. I picked up this guy recently. He had a 0.20 mill salary, and had added 3 SI this season as a 27 yr old.

So while I'm not making any guarantees, I'm with Razzle.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
3-4 is not much, so yes, he can gain some, but not significant amounts. At 22-24 they should gain 7-12 SI per season if they are experiencing healthy growth and still in the minors. 3-4 is insignificant next to 7-12.
Phillies747

Cumberland Cavaliers
VI.30

Broken Bat Baseball
So I have a player that has played the whole year in the majors but is overmatched. Should I bring him down right before the last game to train in the minors where he is most comfortable?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
3-4 is not much, so yes, he can gain some, but not significant amounts. At 22-24 they should gain 7-12 SI per season if they are experiencing healthy growth and still in the minors. 3-4 is insignificant next to 7-12.

Cqk was suggesting it was zero. It's not. Some of the 25-26 year olds were adding 6-7 SI in a season. 3-4 was more typical. My sense was they were training at ~50% the normal rate.

I consider that significant. It means you don't have panic the instant someone gets recommended. It also means leaving one of those wonky 22 year old rookie ball guys in the minors an extra season is a possibility (if you are worried he won't cap out thru XP).

http://brokenbat.org/player/94817 is in my system. He won't be coming up next season.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry if i use this thread but i have a similar problem with a 24 yo in my minors.

Palacios is 24 yo and he's my projected SS of next years.

Problem is that he's a little behind in developement, in my experience he should do another full year in AAA to gain "he's learned all he can" description.

What would you do? i think i'll bring him up next year and let him play starter, but i am not sure if he will max out.

Updated Tuesday, August 11 2015 @ 4:18:13 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Power looks to be the only skill that might be questionable whether he would hit his projected cap if brought up at the start of next season. Hitting is 4-5 points max from capping, and fielding is 5-6 max from capping, both of those are doable in the majors. Because power is 7-10 max from capping it could get stunted, but ultimately it becomes a question of whether it is worth it due to the shorter amount of time he will play at his peak if you continue to leave him down in the minors. That's a discretionary question.

Previous Page | Show All |