Help

Forum >> Help >> Team Review Request - Suffolk Tigers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
RP White - Placeholder reliever i'm guessing. Nothing wrong with him until you have a guy to replace him.

RP Mathis - One of those guys who appears to have played above his means. Short term option at this point for the pen, see White above.

RP Ballard - Same boat as other placeholders. Keep the good ones, get rid of the bad ones faster.

RP Cuevas - Mediocre placeholder is Mediocre.

SP Lamb - Not good enough, capped in majors development.

?? Burgos - next in line to be cut. Sad that he had no potential and no other noteworthy skills besides Velocity. Would've been effective enough with a 9 average across the other 3 pitching stats, that 7 average didn't make it.

Vela, Lemus, and Jiang all fall in line with the above players.

RP Yamaguchi - I don't think this guy is worthy of a long term position on your team, but giving him innings and hoping for 2-3 Velocity, CoS, and Movement would make it enough of a flier to take. He seems to be overachieving significantly, might be one of those 10 potential relievers who overachieves so hard you can use him. his former team simply overtaxed him with limited relievers in their majors.

SP Roman - He is what he is at this point, he won't really get much better. I think he is probably your best pitcher right now in the majors (not saying much yet), but is more realistically a bottom of the rotation guy, and you can gauge if you have made it or not when you can no longer afford to start him (or age 33, whichever occurs first).

SP Parra - Send him down next season if possible. He will gain some minors development, and be capable of probably guaranteeing a full SI build. He will hit "Not much room for improvement" in the majors pretty soon, and at 25 can't do it in the minors anymore either.

FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1B Shelton - Probably good enough to start at 1B once he hits 25. I would say a decent to good 1B, but not a guy that can take you to the legends or anything. Core skills of 15 or so are probably necessary in specific areas to generate that kind of grade.

3B AKA DH Aleman - I'd cut probably. 11 potential, not enough power, defense isn't any good. Can find better guys in the offseason to DH i'm sure.

Of Rivera - It's starting to get a bit late to position change him, but i think his defense would've been better served in the infield somewhere. You were smart enough to move him back to the minors, so props there. He'll come back up next season and not much improvement or cap soon after, CF for sure.

RP Anderson - Again, useful to put him in the minors, but probably not a top end guy regardless. A solid middle reliever here, ready to go next season and should get close to capping before running out of time, might cap before that happens.

SP Ivan Winters - This guy is unlikely to make it. He has 32 defensive SI (16 with weighted SI) right now, and will gain probably another 6-7 fielding, pushing him close to 20 weighted SI. With a lot into defense, it pushes his ability to get the core pitching skills (1.25 a piece in weighted SI) closer to the point where he wont' be good enough to help you. I think he's at best a #4-#5 guy, but his biggest concern is needing 20 SI before he can really help you in the bigs. Too much time in FA to make it, be quicker to cut him than others i think.

SP Caputo - Keep in minors, get SI. How dare you win him from the 25 people whining about losing him in FA in the suggestions forum.

RP Jordan - High defense for a 12 potential limits the amount of cap room you have to work with on a pitcher. However, if his stamina stays low, he could get to the low double digits in some of his stuff, and the 16+ good ratings should be enough to generate a solid reliever.

RP Walker - Cut. 10 potential, Velocity/CoS/Movement will collectively only improve 2 or 3 from their current spot by the time he hits the bigs. Just doesn't have enough time, potential, or stuff.

1B Fingers - Similar to the other 1B. He has a higher ceiling, but will have higher defense and higher speed, so Fingers 1B and DH the other guy for now perhaps, or RF Finger for now and 1B the other guy if you want Hoffman in the DH spot.

3B Herrara - Will get killed for being a lefty 3B. Better 1B's in your system. Don't waste time with him in my opinion.

SS Howe - Not enough defense to play SS. Maybe good enough at full build to play 2B, thats about it. I think you'll need to improve on Howe in terms of prospects, but he could be an ok backup short term if you replace a higher cost guy.

Out of time b4 work.

Updated Wednesday, August 5 2015 @ 9:04:38 pm PDT
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
OF Frank - If it was me, I would be training him to move into the infield (SS) in the hopes that his defense would climb to 14 or so to go with whats likely to be double 15's in range and arm. Not enough easy to find good SS's in the game right now, so thats why i would suggest that. Great potential talent, will need to get a bit lucky with contact and have it scale into the 12-13 range minimum.

RP/SP Orta - While 13 potential is nice, in reality he isn't going to be anywhere near ready when he runs out of minors time. I think he'll end up in FA.

C Falcon - Unlikely to be a useful catcher, a good catcher needs a better arm. Can't really play many positions in the field with that poor an arm. I'd be on the lookout for better players.

C Powell - Better Catcher, and if his power gets there along with his hitting and bat control, he should do well enough for you. Keep him around, makes Falcon expendable.

SS Rutkowski - RutCUTTTTTTT

OF Sepulveda - his comment makes it impossible for him to get to some meaningful defensive rating. beyond that, only a speed comment. Basically could get to an average player, and thats not worth a development spot for very long.

SP Carmelo Romero - Cut. Likely 42-44 defensive points at full build, likely not to get to 15-16 velocity before capping. Just not enough room in potential.

SP Stewart - Mediocre prospect. Should aim at least 1 notch higher in potential.

RP Doyle - Mediocre Prospect. probably gets hurt by his defense endpoint.

C Ross - Not your best catching prospect (that's powell), but he could turn out decent enough at the end of his build. Keep for the time being, you have a lot of others to cut through first.

2B Vega - Probably not going to gain a lot of traction in his hitting due to the comment's ceiling. I would be hesitant to even keep him on that comment alone. Consider looking for 12 potential again.

1B/3B Versalles - Probably more of a 1B given his armstrength. Could become decent enough with time given his mediocre range and poor arm (more room for offensive pops and fielding pops). Good but not spectacular prospect.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Out of interest I'll give a team review - I started to read Fury's responses but stopped once I realised there was full review there - here's mine, to compare to Fury who I respect greatly as a BB player:
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Olsen - cut him loose, his biggest asset is his power which he's not using - average at best defensively

Quinones - solid bottom of the line up guy and 2B - fielding is a touch low though, looks like he wants to use his speed but isn't too sure how.

Cannon - poor defensively, and his bat isn't performing - I'd let him go

Hawkins - would be my 3rd hitting 1B - Like his build a lot (jebus he's tiny!)

Harrison - poor arm at 3B, but good No. 4/5 hitter, worst case scenario is a platoon 1B - I'd give him a shot at LF

Blake - fantastic player, I'm jealous - shame he doesn't use his speed enough to make him a lead off hitter, He'd be a 3/4/5 hitter to my eyes

Scott - great pick up, I'd probably throw him at SS and Blake at 2B

Santiago - profiles to me as a 4th OF, but is behind in development for that - keep him for now as a reserve/PR Role until you find better

Hoffman - Dude can still hit! 37 HR is a great effort - just as a franchise player he'd probably be my bench slugging option for the rest of this season until he finds a role as a commentator

Chacon - probably picks up the LF/DH spot to get as many AB's as possible to try improve his SI, probably too late to really reach his full potential though

Rice - shame about the poor range but solid RF otherwise, about a No.6 hitter to me to let him use his power

O'Reilly - doesn't do much for me, should be an easy upgrade

Wilcox - OK as a bench bat, but probably easy enough to upgrade also

Paz - I like him as a 1B/DH long term option.

Your biggest need seems to be a high range good arm CF at the major league level, and an upgrade at C.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
ML Pitching

White - still ok at an LHS, but will need to be replaced next season

Mathis - More on from him, blocking a young player coming through

Ballard - not amazing and expensive for what I'd term a LR guy, but the results are there so far

Cuevas - has been ruined by the past team but OK as a MR until you can find an upgrade

Lamb - No.5 starter at best, upgrade when you can

Burgos - As far as 10 potential pitchers go he's ok - the lack of control is the biggest hurt there

Vela - the results aren't there an he's under developed - would really struggle above LL 6

Lemus - slow developing even given the playing time he's been getting

Jiang - see Burgos

Yamaguchi - Under developed 10 potential guy, should be easy to upgrade

Roman - staff ace, but I'd be throwing him in the minors until the end of the season to try get a few more SI

Parra - I like him, he'd be another who needs to spend the rest of the season in the minors though if you can to get a few more training SI

When waivers next open I'd be throwing as many claims as you can out on anyone whose a 25-28 y.o. 12+ pot pitcher, anyone above 60SI would be an upgrade on most of your guys long term (no offence intended!)
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Minors - hitting

Shelton - get him training in the OF, in a small ball park I'd be ok with him there given your lack of CF etc currently - going to be a big part of your immediate future

Aleman - only good as a 1B/DH, that 5 arm hurts, but the great hitting comment would be enough for me to keep him around

Rivera - he will solve your CF problem, fantastic player! Good move having him in the minors

Fingers - he's ok, might make an LF if you get him trained in the OF

Herrera - he's behind your other LH prospects, probably replace with someone you need, such as a C prospect

Howe - average 2B prospect

Frank - SS/CF prospect, should be a solid bottom of the order bat also

Falcon - LF prospect, do not use at C

Powell - very good future C

Rutkowski - cut

Sepulveda - would be an RF but I'd hunt for better, heaps of high prospects in FA

Ross - might be an OK short term C if you manage to pick up an old vet for next season until Powell is ready

Vega - cut, no hitter potential

Versellas - best case scenario is a platoon 1B - should be better available in FA

Updated Thursday, August 6 2015 @ 1:25:44 am PDT
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Minors - Pitchers

Anderson - hes a keeper, good move again by putting him in the minors

Winters - fielding stats are a bit higher than I'd like and his development seems very slow - 2 SI in a season is frustrating

Caputo - nice pick up, I was in on him in the waiver wire, another season in the minors and he'll be a very good No. 2/3 P

Jordan - he's ok, keep for now

Walker - 10 potential makes him below average

Orta - very under developed but probably still an upgrade in your ML pitching for next season

Romero - see Walker

Stewart - I'm biased because he's from New Zealand so keep him. (doesn't have much going for him really)

Doyle - high fielding stats for an 11Pot, should be better available.

About to go through and compare my findings to Fury, should be interesting! No offence intended with any of my feedback, I figured its easier to give worst case feedback from outside :-)

LewisMarty

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I didn't expect such thorough responses! I'll make some changes and update you guys towards next seasons All Star Break

EDIT:

"Hoffman won't last forever, and someone else will eventually need to pick up the slack."

The idea of that terrifies me. Can I not get Hoffman on the PeD's somehow!?

Updated Friday, August 7 2015 @ 7:05:48 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Great hitters are relatively a dime a dozen, it is the pitchers that are really hard to come by. I'm going to cut two guys better than Hoffman this off-season, just look at the market when it opens up.

Edit: I went through the rosters of everyone in your division, and only saw one pitcher total that would get a shot on my staff (and he would be a middle reliever). Feast on the very weak pitching of your league, because when you gain promotion you will see much better pitching.

Sorry if this sounds arrogant, but it is meant to illustrate that Hoffman is very much replacable.

Updated Friday, August 7 2015 @ 9:12:15 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |