Help

Forum >> Help >> Reliever skills.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Toon Squad

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How important is change of speeds to a middle reliever who only goes about two innings? I would think that it isn't too important, as long as the other core skills are sharp.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
You will find different opinions on this.

Personally, I view FB, Mov and CoS as equally important, and often consider them as a sum (though a high value in any of them, particularly FB, seems to give better K/9).

Being a reliever that only sees batters once doesn't make a difference AFAIK.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed with Seca, I see a very high value in any of Vel/COS/Mov as being better than mediocre in all three. Abbott, Cardona, and Gray should emphasize this. It's like having an out pitch versus trying to use a bunch mediocre pitches to get a guy out, doesn't matter whether it is a fastball, curve, or changeup it just has to result in an out.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed. The worst performers I've seen are the guys who are just mediocre at everything. Having a dominate pitch, whether its based on Speed, Movement, of CoS seems to be the difference. Having two dominate pitches is even better, but CoS is just as valuable as Speed and Movement.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
From my experience lack of CoS needs to have better than average Control while high CoS can overcome some lack of Control.

*Note: All claims are non-substantiated by any real data at all.

Previous Page | Show All |