Help

Forum >> Help >> Lineup question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
rainsilent

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/85260

This player is finally ready for the majors so here is my question. How should I get him into the lineup. I was thinking playing him at 1st base and letting the manager sub him out 7th or later if the manager felt he should. It would almost maximize his player growth this season.

However this is the player he would be replacing:
http://brokenbat.org/player/64465

Is it worth it short term?
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Short term, No.

Long run, absolutely Yes.

If you don't want to bench Green, you could find a spot in the outfield for Hale, preferrably LF.

But Hale is perfect for 1B with his defensive skills, and Green next year will begin to decline.

If you are involved in promoting/relegating, i don't know if i'd make the swap. Tough choice..

Updated Friday, July 24 2015 @ 7:52:19 am PDT
rainsilent

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I can theoretically catch the 1st place team (I am in 2nd and have better run diff, pitching stats and hitting average while being 7 games back) which is why I asked about the short term however I think it would be wise long term to get Hale up to speed asap hence why i am asking.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Has Hale "learned all he can" in AAA or just gotten the majors recommended?

If he can still pick up some skill pops in AAA, I'd leave him there for the next couple updates and see if you're still in the fight for first.
el_jefe_loco

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Favuz, it depends on your hopes for promotion this season. Really tough to lose a .870 OPS / 30 HR type player like Green if you are pushing for a title, but I understand your push for Hale... he is an ideal 1B prospect for the future.

BTW, you have a great young core of a team (Green as your only starting field player in his 30s). I would say the next few years looks promising as all your 25-28 year olds max out their potential and you enjoy their prime! It could be a core of players that promotes you through the league levels over the next 2-3 seasons... which of course makes the short term decision of Hale vs Green even harder ;-) A nice problem to have... Good luck mate
rainsilent

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Brewnoe he has "learned all that he can" at the AAA level.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
If it was me, I would probably play him in your vs. LHP line-up in LF for Quinones. Over half your games in the upcoming week are vs. LHP. Would be a nice number of ABs.

There other option would be to leave him in AAA for another week and see where you are in the standings.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
If he's learned all he can in the minors, I'd forget about the AAA option ... he should get better pops on the ML bench even if he doesn't get on the field.

Added him to my book-marked players, curious to see how he looks compared to BBC in a few seasons.

Speaking of British influences, I'd give him the nick-name "Hammerhead" ... Quad-H? ;)

Previous Page | Show All |