Help

Forum >> Help >> Focused training question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I usually have my training set to no focus, but I noticed that several of my players are very far below their hitting maxes. So I decided to double up focus on hitting. Not many guys actually improved, so now I am wondering. Does doubling up focus double up the effect, or did I just waste part of my training by doing that? Or does it result in just a single focus with the remainder going back into general training?
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's what I think Rock....

Most of the training is already scripted but there is that small amount that you can choose. For the sake of an example lets say 97% of training is dictated by the game and 2% is what your primary focus goes to and 1% is what your secondary focus goes to. Mind you, I just grabbed some numbers there to work with. So if you doubled up on hitting your hitting would get that 3% allotted there. So you wouldn't be wasting it, it just might not show up because no one was ready to pop that skill.

That's the way it works in my mind. Of course no one knows what the exact percentages are and Steve isn't going to say.

I think the only way focused training has any real impact is to be consistent about your selections. If you are moving them around, you really could just select no focus and accomplish the same thing.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah that's what I thought too, just trying to see if it was right. I've generally just had no focus, but I decided maybe I should focus on hitting since a lot of my players seem to be far away from their max hitting.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Regardless of focus selection, overall training is the same.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Steve. That's good to know.

Previous Page | Show All |