Help

Forum >> Help >> Advice on draft pick   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
beeler

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I drafted this player as he sounded good. Strike out pitcher with exceptional curveball. Very good potential. However when I got to see his stats and SI, I was shocked. He has a lot of bars to improve, but, will he ever be able to improve enough to be effective? I see no 19 year olds on the market with 14 potential, but, most have way better attributes at 19. Is he worth the time to try and develop? The potential intrigues me, but, he has so far to go compared to other 19 year olds. Has anyone had experience with someone like this? Any advice would be helpful.

http://brokenbat.org/player/110973
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He will be a good pitcher in a few years. Let him train normally, play him ST (spring training) and he'll get his experience. Don't worry too much about the low SI. Some people draft low SI players and they are good players.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's a similar player I drafted last week: http://brokenbat.org/player/110624

I'm keeping him, he won't get to the majors until he's 25, but he will be solid by the time he does get there - you guy has an extra year of training for you to utilise so I wouldn't be worried at all - as long as they hit around 70-75 Si by the time they hit 25 they'll gain heaps in their first year or two in the majors and give you 4-5 years as a stud
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
This is the main problem with latin academy.

In my experience, i drafted more great prospects from this pool than the others, but age is a gamble becaus they go from 16 to 21 years old, and the all start from rookie league.

Moreover, every player gains SI at a different pace.

However, a guy like him he's a keeper, you have only to hope he will gains SI very fast, and wait until he's 25.
beeler

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the advice guys. Just never saw a 14 potential start out that low. Will see how he does in a 5 or 6 years. Thanks again.

Previous Page | Show All |