Help

Forum >> Help >> Which one would you cut?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hoskins - 11 potential pitchers with high endurance projections tend to be capped by the time their core stats average closer to a 12. While survivable in Division 6, if you project yourself much higher than division 5 long term (which you should), he would not be of significant help to you outside of a Spot Starter....and you can get a SS in FA.

Bustamante is a lefty hitter righty throwing player, which is nice to have as they can play the infield. He has no major hitting holes, but probably isn't a top flight hitter. Not really a guy i'd have on this list.

Zanetti - 11 potential awful fielder. IF you are building a DH, you can actually get worse defense than this with a higher skillcap than this.

Farmer - Not a big fan of where his build likely goes. I don't think he's awful, just not a core piece to build around.

My cut list would be Hoskins, Zanetti, and then Farmer. Keep Bustamante.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Zanetti and Hoskins. Bye bye.
FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So if we want to play the game again, i have the same sort of decision that will loom going into the next offseason. I have 12 pitchers currently on staff, and 5 24 year old pitchers in the minors. I can go to a 13 man pitching staff, and probably plan to, but that still leaves up to 4 roster decisions. Here are a few candidates that can go from the current majors.

Cruz Segura

Luis Ruiz

Mel Pastorino

Christian Ramos

Saburo Iwasaki

Brian Atkinson

Chris Wood

Segura and Ruiz are older, and Ruiz looks like the weakest in terms of SI, age, and potential combined, but his stats are also decent. Segura while not as phenomenal as Ruiz has been plenty good in his own right.

Pastorino seems like a candidate if he holds his current stat-line and either holds or raises his cost per season, but he's eating a lot of innings where the game is still close. Ramos is my Spot Starter and I've kinda decided against him long term. Iwasaki isn't going to make it that far either, but has been in 3 training week's he's had 6 pitching ratings improve, and i think he could be closer to 95 at seasons end, making him more useful.

Atkinson is probably running out of time to improve given his innings in the majors, and his era this season is high, but given his other numbers i think he's been quite unlucky. Wood has plenty of time to improve, and while his control will never be great, i think 9 is easily in range and i've gotten below average to 10, so i think his stuff will carry him.

Right now, i would think Ruiz, Pastorino, and Ramos are the three i'd let go, but curious to see what others think.

The guys in the minors that i might choose to let go instead:

Oswaldo Alvarado

Jorge Cedillo

Stanley Blank

A guy that might be majors ready before 25

Terrance Baldwin

Welch is guaranteed, Caruthers i'd like to give a shot at this point.

Updated Friday, July 17 2015 @ 4:41:34 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ruiz, Ramos, and Atkinson would be the first three I would cut. Pastorino would be fourth I think. I like all the minor league guys you linked.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Ruiz, Pastorino, Ramos, Atkinson are all either under performing or due for regression - Ruiz would be the first to go for me. I'd have Wood starting also if you have room in your rotation, he'll gain a lot of SI in a starting role.
Phillies747

Cumberland Cavaliers
VI.30

Broken Bat Baseball
My rosters full I need to cut some people, I could cut one or all depending on what you guys think.
Marcos Velasco
He is 23, 14 potential, but he is only 60 si. I have a feeling he won't develop for a long time
Antonio Arreola
He is 18 with 12 potential and is currently 34 si. I was wondering if the fielding stats were too high for a 12 si pitcher and I think I have too many limited to a few innings.
Frank Foxx
He is basically the same as Arreola, again I was wondering if the range is too much for a pitcher with 12 si
Thank you!

And I am trying to choose between Toshihisa Fujishima and Brian Ayers

Edit: My major league rosters are basically at the minimum, I'm waiting for a few close minor league prospects to come up before I cut someone in the major leagues.

Updated Thursday, July 23 2015 @ 6:06:28 am PDT

Updated Thursday, July 23 2015 @ 9:54:33 am PDT
bsmall84

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Have 50 players limit, picked-up a MR P couple days ago
Freeman

The candiates from the ML Roster to cut:
Jones
Turner

Maybe I cut come minor leagues
Grasso
Ma
West
McDonald

Any help is appreciated?
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Phillies:

I like Velasco - hes behind, but its not fatal at this stage, he's still got another season and a half and has a high ceiling
Arreola doesn't have a lot going for him, there are better out there in FA
Foxx is better than Arreola by a way, but still capable of being upgraded
Fujishima is a keeper for now, see how he develops
Ayers is worth holding onto also although a slightly odd build - 1B/DH only
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
bsmall - Freeman is an Ok stop gap, Andou who I just dropped would be a good short term option for any LL6 team - very solid pitcher
Jones is ok for LL6 but may struggle above that level
Turner can probably be upgraded upon, high fielding skills and I prefer good control in my guys
Grasso is ok, high fielding skills will cut into some of his SI, but hold onto him for now
Ma is good - if he gets another 10 SI in the minors this season he'll be good to go in the majors
West is similar to Turner, better though
McDonald is about the same as West.

you've got a couple there you could move on from while hunting around for other waiver claims :-)
Phillies747

Cumberland Cavaliers
VI.30

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks JJNZ, good to hear Velasco still has a good ceiling.

Previous Page | Show All |