Help

Forum >> Help >> How much money for road games?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I seem to remember that during league games last season, I collected a small portion of revenue even though I was on the road. Something like $182,000. However, in the manual it says that the road team collects no revenue for road games? Am I remembering incorrectly, or has this been changed in the game but not updated in the manual?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm guessing you checked after a cup game?

From manual:

For playoff and cup games, income is split between the two teams. For league and spring training games, income is distributed to the home team only.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's possible, but I don't think I did. I'm asking because I'm trying to project my financial situation for the year. I'll just have to wait until the next league road game to check for sure.

It is annoying that I can't look back at all the financial transactions throughout the course of a season. Just like the schedule and transactions, there needs to be a way to view all of your finances from the current season.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah. I see.

I don't think you need to wait. I am quite certain you get no part of the road gate.

The number you posted is consistent with what you would receive as 1/2 the gate from a cup game with ~26k attendance.

(For cross reference with your calculations: my estimates for III is that you can run around a 45 million dollar payroll and break even - that was before the reduced stadium maintenance, and excludes taxes).

A word of warning for newer managers: the finances screen is very scary this time of the season. Expenses are constant - a horizontal line through the season. Income is not - kind of Boltzman shaped. Things look bad for a while, but most teams will have a "Black Friday" update towards the end of the season.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I figured that out last season. :) It was then that I put two and two together with the low ticket incomes from spring training and the decreasing finances. I'm expecting to break even or lose just a little bit this year. My player and minor league salaries are around 50 million.

Previous Page | Show All |