Help

Forum >> Help >> GP and development   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jonny6

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does the amount of playing time affect a player's development? I was always under the impression it didn't but after reading some comments on the forum it sounds like some people think it does.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I am under the impression that for position players they improve from experience through at bats but not games played.

For pitchers, they improve from experience through getting batters out/innings pitched, not batters faced or games pitched.

For fielders learning a new position, that is based on games/innings played and position training in the minors.

Someone please correct me if that is wrong.

Updated Monday, June 22 2015 @ 1:48:44 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Think there is experience granted for entering the game, along with the other events you listed.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
As always, the answer is "it depends".

In general, big league experience is based on big league playing time. However, if a player gets little or no playing time, he still receives some minimum amount of experience (for being on the big league roster, practicing with them, eating sunflower seeds like a big leaguer etc.).

Steve
el_jefe_loco

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A follow up question specifically related to gaining "Fielding" skill/SI:

Does a player need playing time in the field to boost the fielding skill? Or can he improve his fielding while playing DH or simply getting ABs?

Example: I have a 2B who needs significant major-league playing time and ABs to develop, and he is still a poor fielder despite having full "2B" experience already. I would love to keep him at DH and not jeopardize my team defense while he gets his ABs, but I still need him to gain fielding skill.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
He needs actual fielding attempts at the position in order to gain position knowledge / skill.

General fielding skill would improve at DH, but not position knowledge.
ambauer88

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
"eating sunflower seeds like a big leaguer"

^This is my favorite.

Previous Page | Show All |