Help

Forum >> Help >> who would you use? please and thank you   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Who is the better SS for next season...Angelo Juarez or Lou Swanson? Why?
Please exclude age as a factor.

Who is the better CF for next season...Angelo Juarez or Paul Schmidt? Why?
Again age is a non factor.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Schmidt hands down in center. He is a superior player in almost all aspects. Much better hitter as performance shows, and 12 fielding is sufficient (as his 4 errors in 447 FA demonstrates). Plus Juarez is only of, so even with his small advantage in fielding he will make more errors. The only place Juarez has a leg up is in SB, but that just argues for him to be a pinch runner in my book, and $3.15M+ is a bit high for a pinch runner.

SS is a closer call. Its hard to tell how good a batter Swanson will be in your league because he doesn't have many ABs yet. I would try to get him some more ABs this year. His good hitting and bat control are tempting, but he does have really bat plate discipline. Swanson's improved range is negated by having less arm strength. Even though he has less Fielding and Arm, he does have more Range. Defensively Swanson is good enough and only a little bit worse than Juarez. Of course Juarez's SB capability is a plus. Overall I'd want to get a few more ABs under Swanson to really call that one way or another. Given his past performance in other leagues I suspect Swanson will be a considerably better batter, in which case I would definitely go with him over Juarez.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
BTW, if you only use Swanson against righties your going to depress his BA a bit. You've got a good enough lead I'd try batting him both sides. Besides, he can't do much worse than Juarez at the plate.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Not really offering a difference of opinion from Rock's, but Swanson at SS (again, PD stinks and I know you are a big believer in OBP) and Schmidt in center. If Juarez had his big OF it would be a closer call in the outfield.

You need a bit of a shake up at the top of your order IMO. Zavala? Schmidt? Swanson maybe. You could + his bunting/hit and run and hit him second with that BC and hit someone like Parra 9th to take advantage of Zavala's power up top.

Interesting offseason in Kalamazoo while you wait for the reinforcements to arrive, that's for sure.

Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting ideas PvtSF. My offense certainly needs a boost.

The one thing about Juarez is he's a run producer. I know he's an ugly duckling and certainly not what most owners are looking for. Ideally he's a #9 hitter but I move him up to leadoff at times.

I plan to use all 3 players extensively next season. Likely Swanson at SS, Schmidt in cf and Juarez in rf. Juarez would move over to cf or SS if Schmidt or Swanson get injured.
That would move Serrano to lf, Zavala to dh.

Previous Page | Show All |