Help

Forum >> Help >> Need help.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello, just joined 2 days ago and was assigned this team: http://brokenbat.org/roster/375

I went through the newbie guide and my finances seem ok (I'm in the black), but I have a couple questions.

First thing I noticed is this team has alot of young 18-23 year old players on the roster. I tried reassigning them to their recommended training level and it says I cannot have less than 13 non pitching players on the team. I tried signing free agents but it appears I can't? Is it beyond the free agent period? If so, will having this young guys on my major league team hurt their development?

Also, I tried drafting a player today but it won't let me? I've drafted 2 players the past 2 days.

Also, if you guys have any recommendations on what to do roster wise I appreciate it. The only thing I can think of it moving those younger guys down to their respective leagues and signing some cheap players for my major team.

Thanks!

EDIT: I logged in today and saw one of my players as +16 in red next to their name. What does this mean? Did they improve in something?

Updated Saturday, May 23 2015 @ 3:32:36 pm PDT
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Have a look through the help menu at the top, its very god and easy to use.

Basically you can't sign free agents after Sept 1, so you're stuck with who you have for now. You can only draft one player a week, you joined on the change of weeks so got one from last week and this week's one too.

The red +16 shows that player is injured and is out for 16 days.

Fire away any other questions after you've read through the manual.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The red +16 means he is injured for 16 days.

Every Friday training happens, that is when players improve. You can see what they improved in the last training session by the green arrow next to a rating. You can also click the "Training" link to the left to see all of your team training.

I would suggest you not move folks around too much. If you bring a guy up he will get a salary bump from .2 to .5, so its probably best to leave them where they are right now. Its after September, so you will need to wait a couple weeks (real time) before the free agent/waiver market opens back up. If you haven't already done it this week, you can add one new player from your "Roster" page by click the "Add Player" button and drafting a new rookie. There are only a couple of updates before you have a chance to hire free agents, so it shouldn't hurt player development too much, but I'd try to get guys back into the minor (at least anyone with 12 POT or higher) as soon as you can.

I took a look at your team:

Price is pretty well developed but the "He doesn't have too much room for improvement" means he won't improve in the majors. Might be worth trying to get him down into the minors right away to see if he can grow a little more before he turns 25.

Worth moving down Oliver and Harrington when you get a chance. I wouldn't worry about Melton or Righetti, they are just fillers until you get something better.

Actually, you have a lot of pitchers up. I would move Price, Oliver, and Harrington down. If you want another pitcher on the staff bring up Walker, he is a throw away. Morrison also has minimal upside.

Green could be decent, but the rest of the young hitter are all border line and you will probably develop better ones pretty soon. I'd bring Chandler up so you can drop Green down.

I'd set Castillo to train as a 2B if you manage to move him down at some point.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The good new is that the team needs a lot of work. As long as you have enough cash to make moves, it should be fun building the team up. You have a few nice pieces you can build around.

Previous Page | Show All |