Help

Forum >> Help >> Top Prospects/Estimating Arrival   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
slugfest2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How accurate is the Estimated Time of arrival or even the "recommended" on reassign players page. If it says a guy will be promoted in 2022, does that mean the reassign is projected to show "Majors" this year, or is that when he's ready? Also, I have an 18yo Catcher that has ETA in 2023 when he's 19 yo, is he really supposed to be ready then? His skills do not look they're ready by next year at all.

Updated Tuesday, May 19 2015 @ 4:47:13 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It's an extremely rough estimate -- since it's almost impossible to estimate how fast a player will develop and when he'll be good enough to contribute in the big leagues (which varies by team and league level).

Steve
Bilbo Shaggins

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Also i think if a prospect is set to turn 25 a certain year that will be the year it'll show as projected to getting to the majors weather they are good enough or not.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ummm, this may be a stupid question from someone who's been around a while, but where do we have an estimated time of arrival visible?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
It's a fairly recent addition.

Minors ... Bottom of page ... Prospect ranking.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah, thank you. Looks like a very rough estimate to me, though.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Reference ETA, I would not place much stock in it currently but it is fun information to have.
Jayman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree very rough estimate. I think it is a bit more accurate to think it is estimated time of advancement to the next level. I have a guy in AA with an ETA of 2022 so I'm thinking that means to AAA

Previous Page | Show All |