Finances are 12.4 million in the red?

Any suggestions are helpful?

Updated Monday, May 18 2015 @ 4:42:32 pm PDT

Updated Monday, May 18 2015 @ 5:29:37 pm PDT
95th Cub

Racine Bombers
VI.18

Broken Bat Baseball
I haven't been here too long myself, but I was in the same situation: when I joined, my team had pretty much locked up last place. I figure one thing, I'd look at where your players are either strong or weak, keep an eye on how they're playing, and use these remaining games to figure out who to keep and who to get rid of. Aside from that, keep an eye out for pitchers you think might turn into something, as while after tomorrow you can't sign free agents, you can still draft someone every Friday.

Updated Monday, May 18 2015 @ 5:26:36 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
You can save some money on your manager. I'd replace him with someone making the minimum (0.5 mill).

You have a number of older (33+) players making good salaries. I would suggest a major cull of players 33+ making 1 million or more.

You can survive with a smaller big league roster. 10-11 pitchers, 13-14 position players. Will save a few bucks, and allow you to carry a couple more prospects.

After the cull, fill the holes. I would suggest the following search parameters:
24-27 years old
Free agent (not waivers)
12 potential
7 hitting
11 range
< 1 million salary
If in doubt, use SI as you guide. But the skills are intuitive.

Anyone with 0-2 years experience are likely to improve. 4 or more years experience likely won't get better.

As 95 said, replacing pitching will be more challenging.

It's an unfortunate time to get your team. Player acquisitions close for this season Sept 1, which is after the first game tomorrow. Doesn't give you much time to make moves. And your team needs to make a few moves. :)

Good luck.

Updated Monday, May 18 2015 @ 5:54:57 pm PDT
bsmall84

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Trying to get of a funk (lost 5 in row, alot by 1-2 runs). I think my problem is I have too many RH bats and I'm wondering if I look at the free agent (waivers have not been kind this season for me).

Thanks for any input. I'm all ears.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I think you have done a fantastic job turning around your franchise. Defense looks pretty solid. Pitching good and on an upward trajectory. Well done!

(I had a hard time cutting McCoy. Figured he would be good. Glad he has turned out for you.)

Some LHB would be nice. In my experience, decent LHB is the 2nd hardest thing to acquire through waivers (after decent pitching). You can keep your eyes open, but it is more important to maintain a solid defense than to pepper the lineup with LHB. They can be a bit of a luxury, and something I feel a team often has to develop internally.

In your current position, it is really more about being patient with your team. You have some pitchers off to a slow start - they should come around. Your lineup is crushing HRs (which I consider a strong indicator for success). That you had a lot of close games in the string of loses should be encouraging - just need 1 more thing to go your way for those games to flip.

My advice is to keep an eye on the long term. Ie., your SS is 30 and his replacement didn't jump off your minors list at me. I suspect the past 5-6 games are a little bump on the road. That's baseball. :)

Previous Page | Show All |