Help

Forum >> Help >> Deadline?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I never get this right... Guys who are coming off waivers on May 19th can not be claimed. Is that right? Or is May 19th the last day of claims?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Monday night is the last night of claims. So May 19th guys will be the last group processed this season.

Free agents can still be signed until the game date flips to September 1.
wade

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i have claims on may 20th and 21st
will i not be able to claim them?
If they go free agent its 1st come 1st to get them?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Any waiver claim past a game date of Sept 1 won't process and you won't be able to put in another claim or sign them until all free agents go back on waivers after the season flip.

Bookmark the guys you like, but be aware that competition for waivers is fiercest after the season flip, so guys with two or three claims now may have twenty-five or fifty when free agency reopens.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
When the game date advances to September 1st (which will be after the first game on tuesday), the waiver button for any player still on waivers will grey out. By the tuesday night update, the game date will be September 4th. No waiver claims processed.

As Haselrig said, these players will not pass into free agency. They will play golf / flip burgers until transactions reopen next season, at which point they will once again have to pass through waivers.

In case you are wondering what this is about and haven't checked the manual, this is the relevant passage:

Also, for fairness reasons, all free agents must be signed before September 1st. Afterwards, roster additions are frozen until after the playoffs.

Previous Page | Show All |