Help

Forum >> Help >> Should I Call This Guy Up?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/101931
Obviously he is still young, and it may stunt some growth he still has to make. However, my pitching staff is weak, and his SI is tempting, considering it is higher than 8 of my 10 pitchers. Bring him up to the majors early, or leave him? What should I do?

Updated Monday, May 11 2015 @ 4:42:36 pm PDT
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
It depends whether you want to continue trying to challenge for the title in your division this season, you're only 6 back but I think you'd struggle in LL5 next season as it is - you have a number of pitchers which will be ready in the next season or two so you'll be much stronger then - I'd leave him down for now.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He looks like he could be a great pitcher. You shouldn't stunt his growth with an early callup. Leave him down and let him develop correctly.
95th Cub

Racine Bombers
VI.18

Broken Bat Baseball
Tough call, tbh. The main arguments I'd have for calling him up are that you have plenty of room to call him up, and...um...frankly, your pitchers are playing worse than mine are, and I think most of my pitchers suck. I figure though the jump from AA to the bigs might result in a few growing pains for him, he can't do any worse than the guys already in the bullpen.

Then again, you might be better off holding off on the callup until you're either sure he can't possibly do any worse than your worst starter, or you don't think you're in contention anymore (and you still got a pulse). In that case, you'd be better off looking around for a decent free agent or two for now.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I dunno. The leading team in the V above him is 5 games under 0.500. He might be ok. :)

I definitely would not bring him up on a tuesday.

But at his current SI it is probably safe to bring him up. He needs another 20-25 SI which is 16-20 pitching skill points. He doesn't have a change-up style pitch in his repetoire, so I wouldn't be surprised if his CoS skill doesn't move much. So adding 3-5 points in the other categories. Not a big reach.

If it was me, I'd probably wait till friday and then call him up. Give him a couple RL weeks and see how he does. I would send him back down week 10 - not many games (unless you happen to make the play-offs ;) ), so its a lean experience week and he'd be better off in the minors. During the off-season you can evaluate his progress. If happy with how he progressed, bring him back up to start. If you think his progress was a little slow, leave him in the minors for a bit.

The upside of this is that he'd still qualify for rookie pitcher of the year next season (if I understood another recent thread correctly).
gadzooks

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He is already 23 and still only in AA. I think you would want him to be full-time majors by 25 so I would not pull him up this season unless he promoted to AAA first and even then just for a quick cup of coffee- a week or 2.

Previous Page | Show All |