Help

Forum >> Help >> Direction of Hits   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
What is the usual direction of hit for batters?

Left Hand usually hit to the..?
Right Hand usually hit to the...?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Good batters will hit everywhere, but in general batters will "pull" towards the side they hit from. So Righties pull towards left field, and Lefties pull towards right field.
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
but the higher the hitting, the better the batter in hitting it in the right place right?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That's hard to tell. I *think* in this game Bat Control is more important for ball placement. I think Hitting is just making contact with the ball. The interplay between Hitting and Bat Control is not entirely apparent.
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I could be wrong. The manual is very vague on this:

Hitting: ability to hit the ball and put it in play.

Bat Control: ability to make contact with the baseball, especially important for avoiding strike outs and successful bunting.

The Hitting definition is pretty vague.

The first part of the Bat Control definition seems to imply that Hitting should be where placement is captured since Bat Control is contact, but the second part says its important for bunting, which implies placement falls under Bat Control...

Its also possible that Placement is covered in a hidden stat, or not in the game at all. Although I doubt that last one is true since its such a critical component of hitting.

Another hint that Bat Control is where placement exists is that Steve said it was important for hitting with runners on (placement becomes even more important).

So my best SWAG is that Hitting just has to do with Bat Speed (being able to catch up to that Fastball), while Bat Control is Contact , Placement, and Trajectory. Of course this would mean that hitting isn't nearly as important as Bat Control... so I think I'm missing something.

Would be nice if Steve or someone else could chime in.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's my take...

Hitting is the ability to hit the ball safely.

Bat control is the ability to make contact, to not strike out, to bunt successfully and to hit and run (the hitting part).

Plate discipline is the ability to discern a pitch in the strike zone vs one out of the strike zone. In other words, the ability to walk.

Power is not just the ability to hit home runs, it means extra base hits in general. You may see these guys hit a ton of doubles. I have a guy with low power who has lead my team in home runs but not extra base hits.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
So you are guessing the hitting means placement, bat control means contact, and trajectory is a hidden value?

That seems like the reverse of what I would expect (bat control != ball control...), but it makes sense given the wording in the manual.

Updated Saturday, March 28 2015 @ 8:09:52 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |