Help

Forum >> Help >> A year on the bench   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
elbows49

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Will I suffer any ill effects if I leave good players on the bench for basically an entire season?

Realistically, I can't survive at my new level after an unexpected promotion last year.

I know I pass up on any experience gain, but these players have already fulfilled their potential, so I figure playing time won't improve their stats.

I think I’d be better off giving the time to up-and-coming players.

What other factors should I consider?
Jayman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
seems like an odd strategy? why not try to stay in the league you were promoted to? are your up and coming players minor leaguers? I think its better to leave them in the minors if they are. for one you may ruin their improvement curve and you will wind up increasing your salary. if they are already in the majors then they will get good experience but your top players may have more improvement that you wont get
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, that would be one way to go. Your experienced players shouldn't suffer, except they lose a productive year. Your still developing players would gain valuable experience strengthening your team overall.
However your fan mood and ranking are going to take a beating. In the past that would have drastically reduced your income in the short run as well as the long run while your fan mood recovered. This may not be as drastic now but you're going to lose some income.
I am in the east division of your league and I too just promoted. I have no idea how this season will go or how tough our league may be. I will say Tigard was the class of my league last year. I would suggest you play it straight up from the start of the season, it may go better than you think. If after some time you determine it's a lost cause, definitely get the young guys experience.

Previous Page | Show All |