Help

Forum >> Help >> Spring Training Lineup   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jayman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes. This is my season back on BB since 2013 and I plan on creating a spread sheet to track that stuff so I can make more informed decisions.
Thanks
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That's a good idea. I'm too lazy. One of the nice things about the fact that players play games in the minors now is that you can see what their SI was at the beginning of the year. The SI (beginning of year or when you picked them up if it was during the year) is listed as the second to last column on their hitting stats on the player page. So you can probably see what most of your players SI was at the beginning of the year vs where they are right now.
Jayman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So everyone seems to obsessed with SI and not tracking anything else. What's the deal with that. Wouldn't it be wise to see the rate at which all rating improve or decrease?
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
SI is critical but it needs to be looked at in context of where those skills actually lie.
Jayman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Any idea how SI is calculated and what it actually pertains to? I'm kind of lost on this rating other than I want it to be high.
Jayman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry dumb question its in the rule book
Jayman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
SI is an overall of their rating which I now see is why people put so much weight on it.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, SI is the combination of the other skills, with fielding, range, and arm counting some percentage while the main four skills and and speed/stamina count 1 for 1 in the SI.

Never mind, you found it while I was typing.

Updated Sunday, March 22 2015 @ 4:55:12 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

Wouldn't it be wise to see the rate at which all rating improve or decrease?

Yep. As you now can see that is exactly what SI is. SI shouldn't be looked at in a vacuum, but my point was that you can look at SI to determine if guys are still improving. If you had a guy with 100 SI at the beginning of the year and he has 100 SI at the end of the year despite actually have 200+ ABs, you can be pretty sure he's done developing.

Updated Sunday, March 22 2015 @ 6:24:39 pm PDT
Jayman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Rock you have been very helpful

Previous Page | Show All |