Help

Forum >> Help >> Does position training stunt growth?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Steve! I feel much less dumb now :)

Seca, sorry, I wasn't trying to be a pain. Its just that I'm a programmer so I have a tendency to think that way. Also the only other online game I play is RedZoneAction, and Pete likes to be really cagey with his answers, so I was suffering from a little sample bias :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Time to give all my minor leaguer new positions :)

If all goes as planned Xavier Infante will have at least 5 fully trained positions by the time he is 24: SS, 2B, LF, CF, RF :)

Updated Friday, March 6 2015 @ 6:12:20 pm PST
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I also play Redzone and it seems Pete and Steve are the same person.. haha
slugfest2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Outfielders are not tied to one position, you cannot specifically pick A Centerfielder, nor can you train one, you can train an outfeilder and have him play center if he has that skill set, so technically it's 3 positions. 2B, SS, OF
slugfest2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
sorry if I 'm neatpicking
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Neatpicking is not a word. You meant Nitpicking. Sorry if I'm nitpicking.

If I train a guy in OF, he is trained to play CF, LF, and RF. Therefore, he receives training in 3 positions for the price of one. Technically 2B, SS, LF, CF, and RF are 5 positions, which is why I made the joke. Sorry if it went over your head.

Updated Tuesday, March 10 2015 @ 10:49:19 pm PDT
ambauer88

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Logically, all players should be trained in OF. 3 positions for the price of one is a hell of a deal.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock, that's nice to give the guy of training and all, but if he plays any other position outside of second (maybe short in a pinch) you either have some other awesome 2b in your minors or you have a severe shortage of of.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I have plenty of OF, but as Steve has confirmed, there is absolutely no downside to training a position. Why wouldn't I train him OF. Even if he never plays I don't lose anything. If a freak car accident puts 4 of my OF in the hospital there is a tiny chance that it could be useful for him to be trained in the OF. No downside vs. infinitesimal upside; seems like a no brainer to me.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Also, yes I have several guys who will be better 2B. This guy is destine for a utility role at best.

This guy will be better; he is a 2B, currently training to become a borderline SS.

This guy will be better and will cap his 2B training soon; of course he might not end up playing 2B.

This guy will be better; should be getting his 2b next season.

This guy will be much better; been training at 2B since he was 16.

Those last two are definitely targeted for 2B (with their weak arms), and both of them should become much better hitters than Infante. Of course they are all still question marks at Plate Discipline, which is the main reason Infante hasn't been cut yet.

Updated Wednesday, March 11 2015 @ 10:03:23 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |