Help

Forum >> Help >> Errors over Errors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
My main SS, Willie Rice, has made an error in the past two games, which I think cost us the games. He has 15 errors this year. Should I retrain him to play another position?

Willie Rice
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
His fielding % is actually pretty good for his skills.

His range and fielding are both a little low for SS to suit my tastes.

Do you have another option at SS? Training a SS at the major league level is a scarring experience.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Also worth noting that even good SS will get a lot of errors just because they are in a heavy traffic area. Compare your SS with other SS in your league. You'll probably find he is actually doing quite well. He isn't a defensive star, but he looks solid enough to me.

Retraining a position from scratch in the majors is going to cause a LOT of errors and cost you a LOT of games.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think you are stuck with him unless you have another SS waiting in the wings who is better
Peekay

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't play a guy with his skills at SS.

Personally for mine he's a 3B/RF.

Just my 2 cents.
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Short-stops field most balls so make most errors. As this is the most important fielding position it should have the best available defensive player in place with the highest fielding, range and arm values possible.

This guy has reasonable but not outstanding values. The best way to see how he is doing is to go to the team stats page for your league and sort on the SS % value. You will see you are ranked ninth in the league at SS.

Is that good enough? Is he likely to improve with experience? Do you have someone more suitable?

The next most important fielding positions are 2B then CF as most balls are hit up the middle.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think he could be retrained as a corner OF relatively painlessly but it would probably be painful to train him as a 3B in the majors. Those really would be his best positions but it's hard to start over at 25 unless you are in a rebuilding cycle for at least 2 seasons.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I think he's fine and just needs some major league experience. He's better than my ss already but not putting up as good stats. I'd say stick with him.

Previous Page | Show All |