Help

Forum >> Help >> Anemic Offense   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
pyrog

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey guys. I'm still pretty new to the game trying to figure things out. Would anyone wanna give me some tips on my roster. One thing that I don't understand is why my offense is so anemic. I feel like a few players in my lineup are consistently underperforming. Bolden and Fuller are my best examples of that. Are they're skills a little overrated or do you think my lineup is performing exactly how it should be based on the talent levels?

I'd appreciate any advice or tips. Thanks!
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
May I say there is a reason I cut Fuller. At league level IV he will do no better than what you are seeing. Bolden looks like he is slightly underperforming on offense, but only by about .010 to .020 points BA so not much. I like Bolden defensively, but Fuller is a LL VI 3B.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Similarly, there is a reason I cut Carmona. If a guys has 4-5 years of bad performance in LL lower or equal to yours, its probably best to find a different option. Especially when they are over 30. They are unlikely to get magically better just by joining your squad. It can happen on rare occasions, just don't expect it.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
With a real quick look I will say you are in a league that is pitching dominant. Looks to me like your offense is average/mid pack.
mytton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi Pyrog,
I'm also newish and in the same league (East division). My team is hitting no better than yours, with similar talent levels (if anything a bit more depth), so I don't think your guys are under performing significantly. What's keeping my team afloat is our sub 3 team ERA. Tiger's note about a pitching-dominated league is probably correct.

Anyway, our struggling hitters will be able to compare notes when they meet on the field in a few days time.
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Both Fuller and Bolden are performing to their skill ratings. Their hitting value is average so which will influence their batting average and OBP ; but they hit with power which influences their SLG - they have most home runs and RBI for your team.

Your hope is that when they do knock one out of the park you have got runners on Base (these will likely be those with good hitting or plate discipline to draw walks)
pyrog

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the response everyone! I appreciate it. I guess I need to get a little better at evaluating talent. Hopefully my pitching can carry me out of the relegation zone.
pyrog

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Mytton,

Looking forward to facing you today

Previous Page | Show All |