Help

Forum >> Help >> Velocity   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Bringing a player up early does not condemn him to ruin. It does reduce the amount of training received. But many players will reach their potential without getting every possible point of training.

Newer managers should probably err on the side of caution and follow recommendations. More experienced managers are better equipped to use their judgement.

I wouldn't sat Robertson is stagnating at AAA. He's gained 5 SI in the first half of the season. He's probably close enough you could bring him up if you are tired of waiting. Personally, I' d wait a bit longer.

I'm sure Dwindcatcher is implying he's considering multiple seasons b/f cutting someone loose. Pacing in Training is such that it is not uncommon to have a low season- which could be followed by an excellent one. Caution recommended. :)
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Indeed. I didn't use my sheets thay way until this last off season with 3 years of data. Honestly it still might not be enough as one guy I cut has gained 12 si this season after about 14 or 15 (I don't have his sheet on me atm) over the previous 3. The particular player is 24 and may still not be any good by next year, but it goes to show that the more info you have the better judgment you can make. If I still had him and saw a 12 point jump this season I would have made a different choice.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm going to leave Robertson down for a little longer, I'm just concerned he's losing out in experience. I've heard pitchers can gain a lot of SI in the majors when they are 24. I brought up Nishimura to experiment with. He's only a 12 and he hasn't improved hardly any in the last two years.

My question is more on guys like Arnold. 14 POT and 100 SI, but he is stuck down at AA and he has only gain 2 SI so far this season... Should I ignore the recommendation? Promote to AAA, promote to Majors? I feel like if I leave him in AA he's destine to go nowhere.

Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Apologies for thinking it was Robertson (think the thread title threw me off).

Don't see harm bringing up Arnold. He's going to get the majors recommendation next season anyway. He may not play very well. :)

His hitting may still be 7 points from cap. Don't think that would be a problem to reach even if his majors skill gains were a little slow. Think that would be the only concern.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You think I should pull him all the way up to the majors? His recommended level is still AA.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
You get max training at the recommended level. AA for Arnold. If you feel he's got enough training and it's time to get him experience, then move him to the majors. If you want him to get a little more training, leave him at AA.

There isn't any reason to put him in AAA. Would be sub-optimal training, and no experience. RL players sometimes skip AAA too. ;)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Cool. Thanks Seca.
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a player in AAA who has "learned all he can at that level" and has the up arrow for promotion to the majors. He's only 65 SI and nowhere near good enough. Does this mean I should cut him as he won't get any better?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Zanetti? He's in AA. Is recommended for AAA or majors? He's not the greatest prospect. You might want to look around for better.

I had a 22 year old with 61 SI get recommended for the majors this season. Maybe should have left him down. He is improving very quickly with very limited innings. Not exactly inspiring fear in opposing batters tho. :)
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks, I'll look for better.

Previous Page | Show All |