Help

Forum >> Help >> Just started   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
First day and when I look at my team I see a bunch of ancient players being paid very high salaries.

Any advice on how to give my team a better balance appreciated.
Bilbo Shaggins

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Go through the free agents, you may not find good players but they will be cheaper till you can get your minors developed.
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's gonna be a while while the team rebuilds. Gotta get the youngsters to develop.
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Start off here: http://brokenbat.org/rules

Looks like you've already gotten started with cutting your players and adding young guys. The biggest goal should be to train your young guys. They recieve training through 2 ways: first through the minors...you want to make sure you have all your players assigned to the right league based on what it says in their scouting report. If they are in a league where they shouldn't be, it will say something, otherwise assume they are in the correct spot. The second way players gain exp. is through actual playing time. So even though you have some old guys left on the roster, you need to make a decision what is best now and for the future in terms of who should be playing on a regular basis.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Mine was the same way. I don't mind taking lumps for a season or so, so go with the other's advice and cut the high salary/over 30 guys.

Don't forget, when looking for free agents to check the box to include waiver wire guys. I've picked up half a dozen youngish starters that way.

Don't know your finances, but fire your manager (4.34M!!) and hire someone at 500k. From what I can tell, managers don't make too much difference. You can save big $$$ there.

I'm in division VI and my ballpark feels about right at 22k seats. Maybe bring yours down to 25-28k and save some maintenance costs.

Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The manager ratings do mean something I feel... but you can get desired ratings for fairly cheap anyway.

Careful on patience though. I got a manager with 4 patience and he's been letting my starters stay in with 7 runs allowed and men on base even though my hook was only 5 or 6...

Though oddly enough his activity is only 1, yet he pinch hits like crazy. Like... without fail, any player that comes up to bat in or after the minimum pinch hit inning for them will get subbed. No exceptions (other than being out of subs)

Previous Page | Show All |