Help

Forum >> Help >> Cup Strategies   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
softshoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you realize your team has no chance to go very far in the cup league, how many of you usually take your better players out of cup league games in order to keep your star players from getting injured? I lost 2 of my best to injuries in cup game, just wondering how some of you guys go about game planning for the cup league?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I play as many youngsters as possible in cup games. I don't see going far in the cup, and my kids are having a hard time cracking the line-up in league.

So ya, if don't think it's going to affect your outcome, quite alright to rest some veterans in cup games.

PS - my vets are actually getting a decent number of cup at bats, because the kids go out there and pull hamstrings, strain calves, inflame elbows, etc.. :)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Get my entire pitching staff injured, yeah, I'm going to say this was my strategy...

http://brokenbat.org/pitching/45

3 guys will all miss the entire next series, my #1 starter, long reliever, and closer.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If attendance isn't dependent on Mood so much now (I still haven't seen enough to get a feel for that yet), I think that's a good Cup plan. You basically get an extended spring training.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
(mysterious and dreaded mobile double post)

Updated Saturday, January 31 2015 @ 5:18:47 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |