Help

Forum >> Help >> speed,arm, and range   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
softshoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is speed, arm and range a fixed number from when you are a rookie up to majors? Meaning that training will not increase the numbers as you grow as a player. a guy with 15 speed when he is 18 years old will still be 15 speed when he is 27 years old?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Some skills don't improve much with training, so they appear to me fixed. The can decline with age.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Those three skills are fixed (until they start to decline). However it is possible to see a small change (I've never seen more then 1 point myself) due to your scouts getting a more accurate report on the guy. This doesn't represent a change in the players skills (or performance), but rather you getting a more accurate report on his existing skills.
wayn

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ok i have 20 speed 18 year old.
16 range and 11 arm. When is older
his arm and range and speed can decline.
but rare do this increase more than 1 or 2.
wile in minors or training.
so if he is oustanding in field and i train his field
his arm and range will not change by more than 1 or 2.
20 speed can decrease though as he ages but rarely increase from 18 speed to 20 speed in training?
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Speed range and arm are fairly fixed numbers until a player starts aging. I have yet to see them increase through training and experience but I have seen them go down on young players, especially arm.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I wouldn't expect the arm or range to improve. There is a small chance they could go down by a point.

Previous Page | Show All |