Help

Forum >> Help >> OFFENSE (form VERY COLD)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
softshoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi guys how much does the form very cold play into how bad of a hitting slump a player is having? How long does it usually take for hitters to get out of their hitting funk? My catcher has a .077 batting average at the moment, and should be a decent hitter and http://brokenbat.org/player/81837 any ideas ?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's unknown whether or not form influences play; my guess is it doesn't.

A few things about your catcher. If you're expecting more than numbers similar to 2020, it probably isn't going to happen. Moving up from VI to V should negate the slight improvements. Also, until he gets 200+ at bats, don't weigh in on them much at all. Heck, a full season really isn't a large sample size; 30 at bats mean absolutely nothing.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As far as form goes, steve doesn't say how it effects the game. But that player in particular isn't very good. And he isn't going to get better. He was trained improperly. Don't expect him to reach the potential he should have.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
My understanding of that discussion was that the displayed form is a reflection of recent performance, and is not a predictor.

Ie., performance determines form, rather than form influencing performance.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My recollection is the same, although I don't remember where that thread was.

Previous Page | Show All |