Help

Forum >> Help >> Training Strategies?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Keith624

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Three weeks new and having a blast! My question is when you have a player in need of most skill components, what primary and secondary skills should be chosen to get the most bang for my buck? I've read the game manual and rules a dozen times, but this being my first season I would like to take my prospects and do them right. Do some have more importance than others? Thanks in advance :)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Training bonuses are pretty small. I wouldn't think of it as applying to a single player's development. But more like club preference for a style of play.

If you've read the book Moneyball, you might remember that Billy Beane is looking for guys that walk a lot. There is the reference to Kevin Youkilis as "Euclis: The Greek God of Walks".

Other clubs might put a premium on defense or power etc.

Steve
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
The training bonus is a reallocation of SI isn't it Steve? If I understand the manual, whatever is gained in the focused skill is lost from another skill correct?
Keith624

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This helps Steve...thanks.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I have yet to see the results of my training on my recruits but I agree you need to decide what is important for your preferred style of play. I personally have my primary emphasis in a pitching category and my secondary is in a hitting category. Each of these selections represent what I have chosen to emphasize. I leaned towards pitching as primary because good pitching is harder to find than hitting IMHO. Some guys may put defense # 1 or 2.
Some guys go with no emphasis and claim they have had success with that. Either way it is a very minute portion of the training that you have control over.
While it may be small, I believe I have seen some benefit from choosing my emphasis and sticking to it.

Updated Thursday, January 29 2015 @ 2:01:21 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |