Help

Forum >> Help >> Cincinatti   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
slugfest2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What right do the Cincinnati Titans to be the default team when you're not logged on?
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Uh, because Cincinnati is an awesome city!

Take a WILD guess where I'm from...

Updated Monday, January 26 2015 @ 11:38:04 am PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Cincinnati was designated as team #1 (default team) because they were home to the the original professional baseball team.

The First Professional Baseball Team Was the 1869 Cincinnati Red Stockings

In MLB, Cincinnati used to always be the first team to open the season. But I think with TV scheduling, that may not be the case anymore.

Anyway, that's the reasoning.

Steve

Updated Monday, January 26 2015 @ 11:46:58 am PST
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Used to be the first game of the season. Then just first game in the NL. Now it's just another game. Heck, now MLB starts the season over the weekend in Japan.

There is still nothing quite like Opening Day here in Cincinnati. The Opening Day Parade begins winding down the city streets early in the morning and the festivities go on all day long.

The Cincinnati Base Ball Club began in 1866 and by 1869 was baseball's first all professional team, finishing with the only perfect season in pro baseball history, 65-0. In 1871, due to the competitive imbalance, half of the team relocated to Boston, to form the Boston Red Stockings, still playing today as the Atlanta Braves.
slugfest2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I guess they at least deserve Opening Day since what follows is 6 or so months of despair.

Previous Page | Show All |