Help

Forum >> Help >> Hurting development?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I have more than 17 fielders who are advised to play at the major level. When someone gets hurt I put them into AAA and bring up one of the other guys.

Now, I remember reading in another thread that if you move a guy from majors to minors before Friday you sacrifice all their experience... Is this true? Am I hurting players development by moving them back and forth between majors and minors throughout the week? When I send a guy back down, do I lose all the experience he had gained that week?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hard to say. I know several managers that do this. I don't.

My theory is players have a certain number of IP/AB over which they get good experience gains, and then experience gains decrease. (Number may vary by individual; seasons played may be part of this formula).

I think these caps/thresholds are being compared to the stat sheet. To me, it would seem both more intuitive and easier to program.

If they aren't being compared to the stat sheet, then it would require another variable to track how much experience has been used. It would also mean players could get 600ABs in a season, get sent down every thursday night, and gain no experience. Seems counter-intuitive to me.

I am in a similar situation as you. I do send some guys down on thursday night. But only if they didn't get any IP/AB that week. (I'm sending them down in hopes of keeping their seasons played lower, in case that is part of the formula).

Just my theory. Could be wrong. :) Even if the theory is right, its going to be a small effect for position players (unless you are getting 600AB and going back to AAA each week). More significant for pitchers.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I was more concerned with if they lost everything as soon as they were sent down. So if he plays Saturday - Tuesday, then I pull him to AAA on Wednesday because he is hurt, then I put him back on the major league roster on Thursday, did he lose all the experience he gained Saturday - Tuesday?

Your stat sheet idea makes sense, but its counter from what I've read elsewhere on the boards where its said that you lose your experience for the week if you pull a player to AAA (and visa versa).

It would be nice if Steve could explain how this works. Just so we know if its safe to play this way. Its kind of more realistic as players are often rehabbed in minors if they are hurt. Of course that requires open options, but still, seems like we shouldn't be getting punished for play realistically. Its fine if it does work out that way, I just want to know.

Updated Tuesday, January 27 2015 @ 3:30:59 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |