Help

Forum >> Help >> Best Pitcher Losing   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't get why Doug Pierce, my best pitcher, loses games, and when he doesn't start, sometimes the team wins. Does anyone know why?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He has made insufficient offerings to the baseball gods.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you are pitching him in the first spot in the rotation he is likely facing other teams' best pitchers as they are likely putting their best pitcher there too. Also, perhaps the opposition batters are just good? You didn't give enough info to determine the problem. Alternatively more sacrifices to the random number generator game engine might help as said above.
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
From looking at his stats, it isn't like he is pitching poorly. I agree with the post before me in that he is just getting bad matchups. When you have a 1.50 ERA, it isn't your fault that your team is losing.

Either change his position in your rotation so he has easier matchups or let your ace do his thing and give you a chance against other team's aces.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Run support.

Your team wasn't dynamic offensively last season, and are off to a really miserable start this season.

They will pick up, but you might look at making some tweaks to squeeze out a few more runs.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Your team .531 OPS tells me that you have largely forgotten about hitting skills...

Some of your hitters that look like they should be able to hit aren't hitting at all, too. So, that doesn't help.

dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
he is giving up a lot of hits, but he has gotten out of the situations. its really hard to win games when your team doesnt score. 4 runs allowed in 3 games. means he has lost two games 1-0.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a similar problem with my ace http://brokenbat.org/player/64755 in 2017/2018. (Hence the nickname "Lucky")
I sorta came to newtman's conclusion and for 2019+2020 I bumped him through my rotation to put him on ~3.3 days rest between starts while the rest of my staff got ~4.2

Not sure how much was due to the change vs. team behind him improving or how well it would work with lower stamina, but it might be something to try

Previous Page | Show All |