Help

Forum >> Help >> Moving a Player to a new Position   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
clodhopper

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What game effects are there for moving a player to a new position? For example, a first baseman to outfield.

How many games does he need to play at the new position before that position becomes listed as one of his normal positions?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
> What game effects are there for moving a player to a new position? For example, a first baseman to outfield.

No player is really ever playing out of position. A player just has positional experience for each position and when he’s played enough at a particular position, his player page starts listing that position. I would say, if his defense skills fit that position, then start playing him there and his positional experience will eventually come around.

It’s better to have a player with good range and fielding at short stop and low experience there, than somebody with poor range and fielding but lots of experience. And this advantage will grow as the experience gap narrows.

>How many games does he need to play at the new position before that position becomes listed as one of his normal positions?
It depends on how his current level at that position is, but it’s probably 1-2 seasons.

Steve
clodhopper

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok great! I was wondering if a player plays poor at a position if it's not in his list of experienced positions.

This game is pretty engaging. I am sure there are lots of arcade type players that won't enjoy this as much, but this game has lots of depth to it. Nice job Steve.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Good...I'm glad you're enjoying the game.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |