Help

Forum >> Help >> Financial Strategy   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Keith624

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hello, I am 3 days new and got a team that has lost literally millions every year for the past 3 years. As in real life, winning cures all ills and revenues go up with that success. But does broken bat work the same way? My salaries are reasonable and I've cut a couple of $2M+ pitchers in late 30's and only low 70's si. But this being my first season, what are additional things I can do to increase revenues while I decrease expenses? thanks in advance
Hardcastle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You can consider a resize of your ballpark and hire a manager with a lower salary. Fire some farm players is another option. Let's see if you can save money in those areas.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to Broken Bat o/

You have the oldest farm team I've ever seen :) Might want to sort through and dump some of those guys and get the keepers to the recommended levels so they can develop properly.

Good luck.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
That is an old minor league but there is at least some serious talent among the younger guys.
Everyone in the minors age 26 or older should be in the majors or released. Especially get rid of that pitcher with the 1.9 million salary. He's on the way down and you shouldn't be paying him.
Once you do all that you should have a lot of room to maneuver over the next season or so.
Good luck! It's fun
Keith624

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for all your comments and advice...Nice to get some thoughts so quickly after I asked the question. I do appreciate the time and expertise :)
LimelightPete

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This will be my second full year, but I'm wondering about my finances and how I should proceed. I have a pretty large balance, but I've been steadily losing money for the last two seasons. I've cut about 9 mil in payroll since I took over the team, but with a W-L record of .500, I'm still losing money. I signed an aging, expensive free agent pitcher at the end of last season to keep me from getting demoted, and it worked (he went 7-1).

My question is: with my team's large balance, is it a good idea to sign another experienced, quality pitcher (or two) to secure a better W-L record, which will bring in $$$? I have a few pitching prospects in the minors, but not enough to help me now.

Thanks!
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You're in league VI right? There should be no chance to demote from VI, since it's in the bottom rung. Knowing that there is no place to fall, you can in theory start an entire youth movement so you can save money. Once you're financially stable/youngsters developed enough to be in the majors, then you can start making promotion runs.

Previous Page | Show All |