Help

Forum >> Help >> Spring Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
the 5th for all PH makes sense
guess in past I had more proper settings for mgt but didn't pay enough attention at settings and lineup so far this season

made logical adjustments so help it works
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
What specific change are you making?

Some of the management parameters aren't strictly enforced during spring training because their are some many more players in each game.

Steve
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My plan was to have all starters play 5 or 6 innings and get a couple at bats before being pinch hit for
Their replacement go a couple, then to try and get everyone playing time in every game except the vets.

Only 3 of starters where actually PH for in last series so one would think since it is ST, more substitutions would be allowed to happen

Have seen multiple lineup changes with other teams, so not sure why mine aren't happening
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Again, how many players do you have?
On my count, it's 11 minor leaguers, plus a couple from the ML roster who starts.
That's 13 hitters total.
How can you possibly PH-for the whole lineup?
With pitchers??? :-)

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm having the same problem. Trying to get guys into the game, but the sim only seems to sub one or two guys. In spring training, I want to get at bats for everyone. My work around is to adjust the lineups every few games and just put in different starters. Its a pain because the lineup UI is a bit clunky, but seems to be the only workable solution as the management settings don't seem to make much difference.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Frank

Got 27 NP on roster for ST games
Got plenty of bodies just no answers
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Guys, just to be sure, are you aware that to be brought in, a pinch-hitter must be, on paper, an improvement over who's in the lineup? Letting major leagers play and waiting for A-ball guys to pinch-hit isn't going to work.
You may want to try starting Rookies and A-ball guys and keeping AAA players on the bench, but I have deactivated all pinch-hitting in ST, because my veterans kept being brought in for the late innings.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Holmes, is that really true? Because, for example, I have my A-level catcher with 54 SI pinch hit for my major team catcher with 95 SI every game without any issues.

Updated Wednesday, January 14 2015 @ 3:39:13 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I had all minor leaguers in. A few in A even. Never got subbed out.

Actually I think it works the opposite in Spring Training. I put in better players (mostly AAA) guys for today's game, and almost everyone got subbed out. So it looks like the key is to put in your better players. Then the sim coach will sub in the lower minors guys.

Updated Wednesday, January 14 2015 @ 6:23:19 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Anyone know how spring training subs are picked? I'm having a difficult time getting experience for my OFs because the game always substitutes 2B players in for my OFs. It seems to completely ignore assigned backups...

Previous Page | Show All |