Help

Forum >> Help >> World Classic   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
cbstatic

North El Dorado Pay Dirt
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
Searched every roster in the world classic..

ZERO players on my team are invovled...

Sounds bad since the non involved get no playing time.

Plus there is no easy way to search for your players.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I think it's supposed to be something like the "World Baseball Classic" in real life. That is a competition between various national Teams to crown a world champion. But it looks like it's not quite ready to be implemented yet.

What element of the World Classic looks not quite ready?

Thanks,

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Each player on a national team will have a purple star on his 2021 stats row.

Having a NT player also depends on the make-up of your team. If you have mostly Americans, your chances are low. Draft a few players from rare countries...your chances increase.

Steve
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I notice I have 3 players that made the cut for the World Classic...Twice. (2020 and 2021)
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hm, since none of my Japanese or Canadian guys made it, I guess, I'll be rooting for Taiwan. On the other hand, if they actually have to rely on the two mediocre players I'm contibuting to their NT, I'm afraid round 1 against Cuba will be it for them...
Gambler

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Let me get this straight. So there are 16 teams competing. I have a Brazilian guy who has a purple star, but there is no Brazil team.

Also why does he have a star for 2020? Isn't this the first year World Classic is taking place?
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, if you look at Brazil team you'll see there's not enough players for them to participate. Same for a bunch of other teams.

The stars only indicate the player is on national team roster.

But hopefully there will be some team rotation for the future World Classics, it's kinda boring to see the same teams participating everytime.

Updated Monday, January 5 2015 @ 5:01:50 am PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Only the 16 strongest national teams participate in the World Classic. The includes every nation that really has a chance to win the tournament.

National teams are selected every year (include last season before there was even a World Classic). Nations not in the Classic will still select national teams.

Brazil only had twelve players on clubs, so their weren't one of the strongest sixteen teams.

Steve

Updated Monday, January 5 2015 @ 10:16:59 am PST
JuanCarlos_BY

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One idea is to create selection "Rest of the World", involving players whose countries not participating in the Classic.

How will the competition format? Knock out stage? I would have liked more than the first stage were in groups.

In the real baseball Venezuela is stronger than Mexico or Puerto Rico , but in Broken Bat looks weaker than those countries. I think there has to be more Venezuelan players in BB .

Anyway, the World Baseball Classic in Broken Bat will be fun.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Actually, one of the changes over the off-season was to adjust the distribution of prospects from the various countries. This actually included re-balancing both Mexico and Venezuela. It will take some years for the effect to percolate up to the national teams though.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |