Help

Forum >> Help >> Hitting?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
First of all, hello everyone. :)

Name's Yuri, and I'm from Russia (which should probably be quite uncommon here). Been a baseball fan since late 1990's (in no small part thanks to Stephen King's 'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon' and also some of his other works) and recently finished my first season in this great game.

Basically my question is the following:

My team had a pretty decent record this season but I couldn't help but notice that my batters stats were somewhat... lacking. For example, their AVE and OBP stats decreased significantly even compared to the previous seasons when the team wasn't under my control.
Ok, some of my guys simply have poor hitting stat, like this one - http://brokenbat.org/player/71486
But there are also those who were simply poor - http://brokenbat.org/player/86567
And even my supposed top hitter had a pretty average season - http://brokenbat.org/player/54257

So, i would appreciate some advice on how to deal with that.

Should I worry about it in the first place?
Is there a way to improve hitting by using different tactics perhaps?
Is it worth it to keep poor hitters with good defence or should I replace them with someone at least more balanced?

Thanks! :)
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Playing with stadium dimensions can improve your hitting some, but given your pitchers I don't think making it hitter friendly is a wise move. I think you might want to do some things to make your staff have to work less.

While rebuilding a sound defender can help, but guys like Cuevas over at first don't help much. His hit stat is so bad that his solid defense doesn't out way it.

You should also take a long look at your minors. You have way to many people with low celings. All those guys with "above average" scouting have a low celing. Some aBovey average guys can have a 12 potential, I didn't look at all of yours, but it's rare. Basically if I player doesn't have 12 or better, he doesn't have much hope of being a future starter, let alone a star.

You should also think about reducing the stadium capacity. I don't know what your financial situation is, but you have a lot more seats than needed.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for advices!

Pitchers are indeed a worry, I tried to get some better ones during the season but there weren't many better ones in FA (or at least, not many fit to be starters), and I didn't have much luck with waivers, all the guys I wanted just went somewhere else. I'll see what can be done with that in the offseason.

And yeah, I'm going to offload Cuevas and Hill as well. Same for the useless guys in minors, I already read about 12/20 being the minimum for them to be useful.

Also, another question: can I retrain, say, an outfilder to play infield position if his only listed position is OF? There's a bunch of outfielders in minors with 13-14 potential so I thought it could be a good idea to teach at least one of them to play either first or third base if possible.
mduban4

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You can retrain fielding positions either by utilizing the drop down arrows in the minors tab or by playing them there in the majors.
It takes a considerably long time, though, so if they're already in the majors it might be too late to conveniently teach them a new position.

Have you checked out this page yet? Russia National Team
Welcome to the game!

Previous Page | Show All |