Help

Forum >> Help >> Earning Defensive Position   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lephio

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey Steve, why don't put a "counter" to see how long it takes to earn a new defensive position?

one of my outfielders is playing 2B since the beginning of the season and still doesn't get anything..
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Took a catcher of mine about 250 games to get his little c

Counter sounds nice but would take away from some of the uncertainty of moving players around and would need one for each position

eg- a 3B would most likely develop faster at first compared to catching
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah...while I would like to know I think it's better as a mystery.

I have trained a few guys at other positions. I would suspect it will happen in the next 20-30 games for your guy.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
How would the counter work?

I could just expose all the experience and training values -- but is that really realistic?

Steve
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No, I don't think that's realistic or necessary. The counterpoint, though, is the info will probably be available through the forums by people who have tabulated the numbers in time. Still, I say leave it to self discovery and discussion.
lephio

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
the point is that we can't "see" the players, if they are really earning position or not.

i mean if a player is "doing good", i can see it day by day. in our simulation we don't know if he's getting better in a position gradually or not.. it just happen one day! ^_^

i like the idea of mistery, but.. maybe we should know something little more about that since we "can't see" our players playing? :D
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When a player learns a position well enough, they get the little letter for that fielding spot (and then the capital letters when the position is fully learned). I'm fairly sure I saw Steve say somewhere that it isn't a magical fielding pop, though; it's a gradual build-up. If you're playing a guy at a position, he's learning it and gains incremental skills at it even if it doesn't show the position yet. When the little letters finally appear for the position, he's only minutely better than the previous day. And the day after playing the position again, he'll be minutely better yet again. That's the way I understand it anyway.

Previous Page | Show All |