Help

Forum >> Help >> listen to minors coach?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had a couple of players like this, this is where it feels like some rate adjustments to how fast players train feels like it is needed in some cases. I have left them at the recommended level, and currently have a 25 yo that I am keeping at AAA because he hasn't had the learned all he can at this level message, despite the arrow recommending he be moved to the majors straight from AA at the beginning of the season.

For clarification of what I mean, I am beginning to think one of the hidden values is a rate of training (not necessarily linked to potential) from the differentiation of how fast players gain stats. I assume there is a minimum and maximum value and a scale in between. I think the minimum value, if I am correct should be raised, without necessarily a corresponding rise at the top end. If I'm wrong on this being a value, then so be it, but some players just train flat out slowly.

Updated Tuesday, December 2 2014 @ 5:15:20 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well this guy has skills comparative to a typical AA player at least. His SI is pretty good, he doesn't seem to be lacking for training, the scout just doesn't recommend he play in AA..
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Seems to me like Terry Arnold should be moving up to AAA by now too. He already has 97 SI, at this rate he'll be fully maxed out without gaining any experience...
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The problem with Hurtado is that the previous manager hurt him a LOT by calling him up early. He is two years behind in minor league training. So despite his age, by his training he is still basically a 22 year old not ready to hit aa. He needs to be left down and if he will be valuable he probably needs to stay down at least in aaa next year too even though the scouts say to move him to the bigs. At 25 everyone says ready for majors.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That's what I figured. The league level is tied to how many training points they have rather than how much SI they have. That's good, it tells me that the previous manager probably actually had him up for all three years and just had him sitting the bench most of the time, rather than a fall call up in 2018 and a couple days of play in spring of 2020. I probably should drop him, he was pretty borderline to start with.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If a guy is in AAA, has an arrow indicating he should be moved up to the majors, but doesn't have the "he has learned everything at this level" comment, can he still get decent training at AAA? I want to keep him down if he can still gain some ground without being penalized heavily.

Thanks for your help.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

If a guy is in AAA, has an arrow indicating he should be moved up to the majors, but doesn't have the "he has learned everything at this level" comment, can he still get decent training at AAA? I want to keep him down if he can still gain some ground without being penalized heavily.

I am currently trying this with Leonardo Cardona and I am losing patience with it. He has gained 4 stat points this season, however, 3 of them were from spring training meaning only one stat point in 4 weeks since. A decision will be made this Friday. One player does not make a representative sample, however, this seems to be a class of players which train too slowly to reach their potential even when at the optimal level throughout their careers.

Updated Wednesday, December 3 2014 @ 2:44:49 pm PST
Miguel14

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Marcos Valencia is a pain in the butt, he's 24 years old and has 103 Si, the minors coach still wanna keep him at AA. He'll make it one day but I'm ready for him to get promoted.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Marcos has time in the majors. That time in the majors will have affected his SI with experience. Time in the minors builds training. You'll need to leave him down in the minors for a bit longer to give him more training, otherwise he will never get to his full potential.
Miguel14

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ahhh. Thanks man.

Previous Page | Show All |