Help

Forum >> Help >> How to get back to a posotive balance?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Ahh, that's what not much room for improvement means ... back to the minors for you Bones

Wish I had a problem like Cruz ...
My thought on him: drop him to AAA and play him at 3B - his range is too good to waste at C

mduban4

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe range is taken into account in the game engine as a total for all the players on the field at this point in time, so moving him to third wouldn't be critical.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

I believe range is taken into account in the game engine as a total for all the players on the field at this point in time, so moving him to third wouldn't be critical.

Really?!
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, Steve reiterated that recently.

I searched for the quote for 15 minutes to no avail... it's 2:30am where I am, I'm beginning to wonder if my memory is playing tricks on me or if I'm just missing the thread. It would have to have been at least two or three weeks ago though since I checked all the threads I commented on back to there, and I think I saw it due to that.

TL;DR: I give up.

Updated Saturday, November 29 2014 @ 11:32:47 pm PST
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
range[url]

Is this Stev s comment you are looking for?

Updated Sunday, November 30 2014 @ 9:10:06 am PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, ugh, this year is flying by, I can't believe that was over a month ago.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow! What about arm strength? I've been putting my highest ranged guy in CF, but if range doesn't matter I should probably put the highest AS guy there instead. Is speed done on aggregate for defense too? I thought play by play was calculated by position, but it sounds like that isn't actually the case. Defense? Should I bother putting a high defense guy in CF, or is that aggregate too?

Updated Sunday, November 30 2014 @ 3:04:02 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This section of the manual should probably be updated because its VERY misleading:

Left Field: Left fielders (LF) need range, but not much fielding skill. A strong arm is nice, but not required.

Center Field: Center fielders (CF) generally handle more balls than the other two outfield positions and so you want your best defensive outfielder to play here. Center fielders need range, but not much fielding skill. A strong arm will prevent runners from taking extra bases.

Right Field: Right fielders (RF) need some range, but not much fielding skill. A strong arm is important to prevent runners from taking extra bases, especially third base which can be a long throw from right field.

Updated Sunday, November 30 2014 @ 3:05:57 pm PST
gadzooks

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Its unclear (to me) from the other thread whether the "aggregate range" is the mean range of all outfielders or a weighted mean by position. I suspect the latter, which would mean where you play your high/low range players would matter in terms of your effective defense.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that would make more sense. If its weighted by position, then you can forget about my freak out above.

Previous Page | Show All |