Help

Forum >> Help >> Broken Bat Scouting Network   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A lot of teams have minors stocked with 12+ potential players, so they tend to drop a 12 to try to get those gems every week. Or draft a 12 and know he is just going to be the guy they drop next time so they just cut them now. I'm not saying a lot of great players come out of the scouting network, but there are some gems. I got a guy that should be a solid backup catcher/3b (if I can finish train him at third) from ot earlier this season. It's worth peeking at.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There are lots of reasons why a team might drop a good player. Here are a few...He may be young and they don't want to train him for 8 years. He may be older but he's blocked by even better players. He may be wrong-handed for the team's needs.

I've been here for about three months. More than 80% of my roster consists of guys I've picked up since I started. I know my team isn't great, but they're improving. Check out the BBSN. There are some good players there.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually, almost all those players I recommend for inclusion are Pot13.
There's also some bad hitting pot14 fielder, every now and then
(the good hitting ones, I keep for myself ;) )

Most definitely, a pitching staff made of Pot13s can take you to the higher leagues
Just look at mine!
machicuba78

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thanks for your replies
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
link please :)
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
To the spreadsheet?
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
yup

thank you very much :)
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
np o/
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I think I've gathered most of how the game works thus far, but this part confuses me - am I able to still grab players from this list now? (I ask as I've inherited a team with only 6 minor leaguers) if so, how!
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Unfortunately you'll have to wait a bit. All free agents must be signed before 9/1 each season. I can't remember how long the off season is, but I'm guessing we'll be able to start putting in claims around the new year give or take a few days.

That's not all bad, though. Now you have a couple weeks to watch your team, figure out settings, lineups, etc. Also, check out the top two files in the Help section. Read them until you have them mostly figured out. Then browse the forums to get some clarification on areas you aren't sure about, and to get some helpful hints. Good luck and welcome to a great game.

Previous Page | Show All |