Help

Forum >> Help >> Drafting   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Minnie Miñoso

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So today (Fri) I went to get me a free agent and found out you can't do that after September. Cool, no problem. What wasn't clear is that I could draft players from High School, College, etc. Fortunately I'm still at the stage where I click on everything to see what happens. What was a bit disturbing though was that when I clicked on "International" I didn't get a list of players to choose from, I just got some random guy. Is that how it works or did I miss a step somewhere?
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

What wasn't clear is that I could draft players from High School, College, etc. Fortunately I'm still at the stage where I click on everything to see what happens. What was a bit disturbing though was that when I clicked on "International" I didn't get a list of players to choose from, I just got some random guy. Is that how it works or did I miss a step somewhere?

no, that's how it works. you can't choose & there's no list. (you just get random guys when drafting). they may be good... or not so much.
Minnie Miñoso

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok, thanks for the info.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, you can't sign free agents after a certain point. This is to prevent people from dramatically altering their team before the playoffs (kind of like the trade deadline in RL).

When you draft a new player, you only get the choice of type (high school, college etc.). Improving this is one of the things that needs to be done...I'd like people to be able to select from a few players based on their age, position and possible a few other pieces of information.

Steve
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i think choosing college vs highschool takes care of their age (at least the range)...so i don't think that should be included...if you are going to leave the draft system as is (on a weekly basis instead of a seasonally draft)...i say after you click whichever category you want to draft from...have 3 choices...outfielder, infielder, pitcher...after clicking on which you want...have maybe...5-10 choices pop up...and you can pick out of one of those players...
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
or even turn the college/highschool/etc options into drop down menus...and when you click on em...then you'll get the 3 options of infielder outfielder or pitcher...and then on the new page have a handful of players to pick...that way...not adding anymore pages...

Previous Page | Show All |