Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor league experience during Spring Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
LimelightPete

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Do players gain experience by just being on the spring training roster, or only when they play? I set all my pitchers up with low pitch counts to get more of them in the games. Is this the correct way to go about it? Would a pitcher get more experience for playing in the game longer?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's by at bats and fielding opportunities for position players and batters faced for pitchers.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
There is some experience for playing in the game.

I did what you are suggesting last season - used a ton of guys with low pitch counts. This season I decided to consolidate the experience a little more - using fewer guys with higher pitch counts.

Little correction to what Haselrig said: I think pitchers actually have to record outs to get experience. Batters just have to come to the plate.

You've got some pitchers in your spring training setup that aren't going to benefit from experience (the 30+ guys that already have 3+ years experience). Spring training is a great time to give your AAA and AA a bit of experience so they are a little less terrible when they break in. I'd try to get Levine, Bennett & Townsend some innings if I was you.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
One more minor correction, pretty sure it's inning played in the field not the actual fielding chances.

Previous Page | Show All |