Help

Forum >> Help >> Ballpark Help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm at a loss as to what size to set my park at for this year. I took over my team a few weeks into the 2019 season. My rating and mood dropped precipitously in the last third of last season because I dumped my over 31 guys and started experimenting with different things. This year, though, I expect to be competitive and should finish no worse than second.

Last year the league average attendance was 13000. Mine was 14750 before I deliberately tanked to get experience for my younsters, and 9250 after. My rating and mood are a depressed 61 and 81 at the moment.

I'm thinking I should make my ballpark around 20000, but that's a stab in the dark. Any help would be appreciated.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It really depends on how competitive you expect to be.
When I joined the game, I inherited a League VI team with a 56,000 seat stadium (from the team's better times) at mid-season, restructured the team, and on the way to the playoffs managed to sell out 28 times, which means every single seat was more than profitable. Expecting a tougher environment in League V, I reduced the stadium size to 50,000 and then found it was way too small.
On the other hand, if you're mediocre in VI, it may be hard to sell 15,000 tickets. But keep in mind, you have the ideal stadium size if you sell out just 13 to 14 times per season. More sellout are giving away money.
thebuzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Attendance depends a lot on how many successful "Cup Teams" you have in the league. Attendance is built from those cup games and starts falling once the season starts. Past season League VI.4 our team leads the division almost all season, we finish with over 100 wins (.681)and a fan mood over 110, prestige-33. Our attendance?..

Previous Season (avg):15,908.

Our league had a very poor cup season for all teams, so attendance started low and never recovered. Don't think there is anyway to judge during spring training what you can expect annual attendance figures to be, as you are yet to know the leagues cup info.
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
The game manual suggests:

I (Legends): 55,000 capacity
II: 50,000 capacity
III: 45,000 capacity
IV: 40,000 capacity
V: 35,000 capacity
etc.

Going off that, league VI would be 30,000 recommended.

It really does depend on how successful you expect your team to be. I see that you currently have it set at 22,000 which may be a good spot for you. If you think you will be a strong 2nd place team, as in you think you can compete for first but are not quite there yet, maybe you can consider raising it a bit more ~25-27K. A nice winning streak will raise your attendance pretty quickly.

Lastly, just as a note since this doesn't affect you this season: player salaries is a big thing to consider for ballpark sizes. As your payroll increases, you need to make more revenue which can force you increase the ballpark size a bit more than you'd like in hopes that you can sell out towards the middle-end of the year and finish the season with a positive profit. Just keep this in mind when you are preparing for next year. If you sign free agents, they will cost you a bit but can help you get to the next level.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You should also compare east and west.
If you think the other side would be filled with stronger teams, expect a drop in the second half of the season after interleague games.

Previous Page | Show All |