Help

Forum >> Help >> Is it possible to keep last draft pick for next year?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
unknwn

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i joined the game almost end of the season already, 2 weeks to be exact i think but not sure hehe...

yes im plannning to take him off after signing some free agents pitchers and some other players too... need to rebuild again...

this are the attendance of the ballpark
League Attendance (avg): 13,708
Cup Attendance (avg): 26,621

Previous Season (avg): 17,801
Previous Season (avg): 23,740

i dont know which to follow :)

Updated Friday, October 10 2014 @ 10:46:20 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've only been around a couple months and am definitely not an expert. What I will tell you right off the bat, though, is to not consider Cup attendance at all. Most teams are out of it almost immediately making it a non-factor.

How do you expect your team to do in the upcoming season? If you expect to be in first, I'd go with 26000. 2nd--22000. 3rd--19000. 4th--16000. Worse--14000.

I will admit, though, that my response is largely an attempt to validate my ideas as well as assist you. It just seems to me that you want the stadium to be a bit bigger than you normally need--big enough to cash in when your team gets hot, but not so big to drain your cash when it's not.
unknwn

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i dont know how well we gonna do this coming season... @_@
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One last piece of advice I'd give you on the financial front is to sack your manager. I know you've only just appointed him, but there's a lot on the forums as to how managerial experience doesn't count for anything, so if you can find yourself a guy with the same or similar attributes and a 0.5m price-tag, you can save yourself $2m right there.

Good luck!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow, nice catch Jalepeno.

I think MukilteoMike's advice is spot on.

Its hard to predict where you will finish. As your league stands, you seem clearly better than the 3 bots behind. Both of the teams that could drop down are stronger than yours, but one does not appear to be actively managed. Somewhere between 1st and 3rd would be my guess, but there is a lot that could change.

The -3.8 million ... is that from this past season? What is your balance like? (Eg., if your team has large reserves, part of that loss will be "tax"). If you have a bit of reserves, its easier to take a gamble on the upcoming season.

Pig_Cola's advice was good. Cheap, decent youth will get you further in the long run. I would worry you may drop back to 4th or 5th w/o your big guns (Boone, Orr) in the short term. I would be a little concerned if a 3rd place team couldn't afford to keep at least 1 guy like Boone around.

Updated Saturday, October 11 2014 @ 7:12:41 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The problem people have is that they develop players with no potential (although you haven't had much time to cut and re-build, you should this off-season). The first thing I did when I took over Raleigh was cut all the no potential players and replace them. I see about 10 of those on the Kearney roster. You will not finish first with multiple terrible players playing. You could finish as high as 2nd or 3rd, but you will never be the best team in the division. The thing about young players is that both terrible and great ones start off costing the same amount, so you should not make your roster decisions on payroll, you should make them on talent, unless you want to constantly tread water forever.
unknwn

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
the -3.8m is on 2019... i only have 3m reserve now...
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
3 mil will barely get you through the off-season, but is at least some wiggle room. You can't improve much on that, but you can take the first steps. Your goal should be getting rid of the 10 and 11 potential block guys who won't get much better than the low-80s they are at now, and replacing with 12+ (preferably higher) block potential guys who will sign for either 200k (minor league) or 500k each. 25 years old is the high end that you want to look for, and even if they are a step back right now in SI, they will get much better than a large amount of your current roster. Because the re-build will take a season for the training to fully make an impact, you should look for around 15-17k seats this season. As the team gets better, you'll win more, and you'll increase the size next season.

Edit: I base the seat estimate on the fact that while I actually agree with Seca that you look good for 2nd or 3rd right now, your division lacks any highly rated or fan mood teams that would boost the attendance. Barring a team making it out of the group stages of the cup, that won't change until inter-division play starts in June of the 2020 season.

Updated Saturday, October 11 2014 @ 12:54:09 pm PDT
unknwn

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ok ill do that... thanks for all the advices guys... i really appreciate it...
unknwn

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
guys thank you for all your help... im barely surviving in my economy, im making some positive income now but not that big atleast its positive :D hope ill continue winning for the rest of the season to make some money hehe... im in a good spot in league and cup for now hope it will stay there hehe... thanks again guys for all your advices... :)

Previous Page | Show All |